We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join Polymath. This role requires a unique blend of real-work experience, with passion for building delightful experiences and products. You will work together with a team of business designers to understand users, create customer journeys and build prototypes to bring business concepts to reality.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct user research and synthesize findings to discover deep insights
- Translate user needs into business concepts
- Create user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to define and validate user experiences
- Define key questions for validation and design/build the right tests
- Use data and user feedback for product iteration
On the formal side of things, you will have:
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience to the field of UX/UI Design
- A degree in product design, e.g. graphic/visual design, or ux/ui equivalent experience.
- We’re expecting you to be knowledgeable about, at the very least, the basic tools to design, build and test new products.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English
- Strong grasp on human-centered-design (HCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, and rapid prototyping.
- Ability to clearly (visually and verbally) communicate business ideas and product solutions to stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly build and iterate designs.
- Basic understanding of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe Suite, Sketch
To set yourself apart, you will bring:
On top of that, we are looking for:
Growth mindset - You have a deep desire to learn and improve yourself, and have the resilience required to fail, get up and try again.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY?
Share with us your track record through your portfolio of projects.
Pick at least three projects, be selective, and pick those that best reflect your skill set.
For each project make sure to include:
- Your problem: Describe the challenge
- Your solution
- Your process to get there
- Your role in this project - What was your superpower
Projects can be team projects or individual projects. We highly recommend a combination of both. Also, be visual, use your own style, and avoid long, dense texts. Instead, we encourage you to use creative formats to showcase your skills.
You can upload your portfolio as:
- a file (in the space of the cover letter)
- or as a link in the last question
Any application that comes without a portfolio will not be considered.
Compensation: 1200 - 1800 USD/month gross depending on the applicant's experience and assessment process.
Starting date: Immediate.
Location: Bogotá, Colombia