As a Product Designer, you'll take ownership of Gusto product features, creating intuitive designs and launching meaningful experiences. You’ll be involved in the entire product development process – from early research and concepts all the way to design refinement and launch.
Our Product Design team helps small business owners run their companies and take care of their teams--a job that's more important now than ever. We design a product that's powerful enough to handle complex tasks like payroll, taxes, and benefits, while being easy (and sometimes even fun) to use. We work with incredible customers who appreciate what we build for them and give us actionable feedback in our UXR interviews.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- A mix of UI, UX, and visual design - using Figma and leveraging our design system
- Conducting research to understand our customer’s needs and inform design solutions
- Designing easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to push the quality bar
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and copywriters to create, launch, and improve user experiences across the product
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong UI, UX, and visual design skills, with a passion for design
- Optimistic maker attitude, with a desire to solve problems through design and iteration
- Good storytelling and communication skills, mixed with an enthusiasm for collaboration
- Experience designing and shipping complex products that customers love
- Industry experience with the whole design and development process, from brainstorming to post-launch research
- Personal alignment with Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.