ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective and transparent way of buying and selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title and payment processing, managing arbitration and transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy and sell wholesale vehicles. The company is growing 300% year-over-year and recently completed a $150 million Series E funding round from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners and Bain Capital Ventures.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Senior Product Designer with a strong ability to design for form and function. The ideal candidate should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. As part of a domain focused cross-functional team, your user experience design talents will help bring clarity to the problem space and steer the solution space. As part of the candidate screening, please provide a link to a strong portfolio of successful products both from a seamless UX and UI perspective.
What you will do:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will Influence + Deliver:
- Enable quality via an atomic design system across different platforms, while meeting requirements for accessibility and brand guidelines.
- Identify UX opportunities, personas, and journeys.
- Facilitate collaborative design workshops and studio sessions.
- Steer how we define our hypotheses using sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content first information architecture, taxonomy, and relate them to user interface task success metrics.
- Present your design vision to enable product iteration plans and future story mapping.
- Present usability recommendations based on user testing, analytics, and user behavior.
- Run experiments with developers by providing artifacts such as prototypes and visual UI mocks, with supporting materials for icons, illustrations, assets, copy, animation, and gestures.
- Measure past releases and plan for further optimization.
- Provide mentorship to junior members and maintain a positive outlook at all times.
- Influence non-design functions (360 degrees) by enabling design evidence and best practices.
- Set atomic design best practices and standards.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of design experience across web, iOS and Android.
- Ability to analyze data and usage patterns to generate UX insights.
- Ability to influence design process and practices.
- Ability to conduct and provide peer reviews to other design members.
- Strong communication skills to provide rationale for your design decisions.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in UX design or a related field.
- Strong understanding of UI, UX, interaction design, HCI, and animation principles.
- Working knowledge of Android and iOS design guidelines.
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, and prototyping tools such as Flinto or Invision.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and responsive layouts.
- Passionate about solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Casual dress code
- Professional training opportunities Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.