Lead Instructor UX/UI Design
#About the gig
We’re looking for our Lead Instructor for our UX/UI Design Bootcamp, with a passion for UX design, an eye for beautiful UI and also a passion for sharing their knowledge with the next generation of UX/UI designers.
You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time designers ,and walk them through the entire design process.
We really look for someone with deep technical knowledge, experience on real projects and passion for sharing their knowledge. A large part of the job is about being able to share your knowledge and transmit it to future designer.
The Lead Teacher will be responsible for:
Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp
Teaching at our Paris Campus
Supervising Teaching Assistants
Working with the Ironhack education team to improve the UX/UI curriculum and teaching practices.
The role includes 2 to 4 months of non-teaching time per year to work on in-house UX/UI projects or improve the UX/UI design curriculum.
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. We think it sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it more customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, companies they’ve built, or promotions at their current roles.
Some quick facts:
Founded by Wharton and Harvard grads in the fall of 2013
Campuses in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo… and more opening soon
100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
Already graduated over 2,000 students
70+ global team members + VC-backed
Learn to code or UX/UI design anytime: enroll in our part-time courses for free !
Location: the amazing WeWork Colisée, Paris VIIIe. Crazy rooftop with view on the Eiffel Tower. All you can drink coffee, tea, beer and wine, breakfast twice a week, sport sessions on wednesday…Come & see it to believe it !
Tons of awesome events with our students and community of instructors
Annual global company off-site in Europe
Is this you?
- 3-5+ years of design experience in the UX/UI industry, preferably in a leadership role.
- Technologies & skills with good understanding of:
- UX design process and design thinking methodology
- UX/UI best practices
- Experience with Design Sprints
- UX strategy & research
- Information Architecture
- Design patterns and heuristics (UI)
- Strong visual design skills
- Typography, colors, layouts, grids, style guides
- Proficient with SKETCH design software
- Familiar with scalable design systems
- Prototyping tools - InVision/Marvel
- Usability testing
- Other useful skills (bonus points):
- Experience with Flinto or Principle
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Experience working with Developers - Agile methodology
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the UX/UI design community
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
- Passion for feedback and mentorship
- Great communication skills and an ability to capture people’s attention :)
- Fluent in English
- Start: ASAP
- Important: need to be eligible to work in France