At Nodes, we rely on stunning design and cutting-edge technology, we never compromise on the methodologies that ensure delivery of successful, robust, reliable digital solutions and business transformations. With offices in London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Aarhus, Prague, Dubai, Dnipro and Copenhagen, we are one of EMEA’s leading digital product development agencies and, since 2017, a proud part of the Monstar Lab Group, extending the family to 26 cities in 15 countries.
We are now hiring for a talented Product Designer within our Creative Team, based in London (currently remote). As a developing member of the team, you are full of energy and potential and are hungry to grow with us.
As a Product Designer you’ll be critical to every project you are a part of; able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in design, to influence and lead many of the project’s design decisions. You’ll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of a more formal career development across the Creative team.
What you’ll do everyday:
- You’ll lead design for product/project. This includes driving the future vision of the product/project, making sure it compliments a cohesive overall business experience, and delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product team. You’ll be responsible for all design artefacts produced; from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details.
- You’ll deeply understand the customers you’re designing for. Whether it’s joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you’ll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you’re solving for to ensure we don’t just ship the thing right, but we ship the right thing.
- You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with PMs, Engineers, Data analysts and Strategists to make sure your team isn’t just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design process.
- You’ll execute (and advocate for) polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences. You’re pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- You’ll help raise the bar for design at Nodes. We’re a small but mighty team where every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of practice—whether that’s through improving our craft skills to leading rituals to giving great feedback.
The Creative Team
Our design team is user-centric but tech-driven. As part of the team you’ll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
You’re primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You create concepts and visualise solutions in response to problems, ideas and opportunities that you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You are most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project. You know your tech and are comfortable having discussions with the engineers about technical constraints and possibilities. You understand client servicing, pushing back when needed but with grace and evidence based.
You should apply if,
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind.
- You care about the UI design details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You’re passionate about sharing your knowledge, and raising the bar for design practice at Nodes. Previous experience mentoring designers is a big plus.
- You understand that writing is designing, you're a confident writer, and the copy in your screens is never an afterthought.
This isn’t for you if,
- You need top-down direction. We operate autonomously so you’ll be expected to determine the highest impact areas to work on, collaborating with your product team and manager to ensure there’s alignment here. The team is always there for support but we are looking for you to lead with confidence.
What we can offer you
At Nodes, our Danish heritage means that we care a great deal about a good work-life balance and a flat, accessible organisational structure. We define ourselves as employers in the sense of trust shared amongst co-workers and in constantly and unanimously providing the opportunity for autonomy in individual approaches to work and stakeholder management.
You will work with some of the world’s most talented designers, developers and consultants to shape your skillset and become a positive driving force for change in the industry. We believe strongly in coaching, development and investing in your future.
- An interesting work environment with talented colleagues
- A full-time position with numerous possibilities for growing internally
- Office in the centre of London’s creative district in Clerkenwell
- Regular team nights out
- Newest Macbook or ThinkPad, Bose headphones, displays, and other hardware
- Fully paid sick days and 4 weeks holiday (in addition to public holidays)
- Company social breakfasts as well as snacks, fruit and a fully loaded beer fridge
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- High level of experience with the following tools; Figma/Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zeplin and prototyping tools such as Invision.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments
- A strong passion for mobile UI/UX and always staying up to date with the latest trends
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, other languages are a plus
- Available to work in the United Kingdom at our office in London (Note, we are currently working remotely)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in product design or other related roles
- Experience in consulting or with an agency is a plus