Lead UX Designer
Hi, nice to meet you, this is Sam and Peter, the founders of TestBox. We’re forming our founding team to build the company after raising a large funding round recently. You’ll be one of the first team members to build this category-defining solution with us 🙌 (plus get some great equity along the way).
TestBox empowers customers to experience enterprise software products side by side as if they were already implemented in their own environment. After 11 years of working together as colleagues and friends, we’re putting product capabilities and customer needs back at the center of the buying process. No more wasting time buying software that doesn’t work for you based on a sales rep or marketing.
Sam is a former Senior Manager at Bain and an Enterprise Software expert. Peter is a former Senior Engineer at Guidewire and has spent his career perfecting data pipelines and data automation.
We’re hiring an experienced User Experience Designer to make TestBox insanely easy to use, a joy to play with, and bring confidence to our customers when they are buying software.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Customer empathy. Understanding the deepest needs they have when buying software and translating this understanding into product design
- Paper prototyping, wireframes, mockups, user experience flows, and conducting usability testing
- Collaboration with our engineering team, Peter, and Sam to create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Building the design team and its processes over time - you’ll be the first hire but we want you to be a leader for the future
- As an early start-up employee there will likely be times when you’re asked to work with Sam on copywriting, board presentations, etc.,
- Being awesome - Teaching us your ways, learning new things, adding to our culture, telling the founders they are wrong... ya get the idea
We are looking for a UX Designer who:
- Most importantly is: intellectually curious, has creative solutions, makes it happen despite roadblocks, is a kind human, and wants to grow
- Deeply empathizes and understands customer problems and can prioritize changes
- Has a strong portfolio designing consumer-like experiences for Enterprise software with an understanding of the underlying UX of a mobile-first experience (web and/or app) that has shipped, and ready to show/talk us through what you’ve done (no pdfs please)
- Knows their tools and is ready to build the full design tech stack
- Has a track record of working in cross-functional teams and wants to be a leader
- Is on a fast career growth trajectory - we don’t mind if you have 3 years or 10 years experience if you’re adding incredible value to your customer and engineering teams
- Has experience in a startup environment (or is super adaptable) and is excited about building a company from scratch (product vision, partnerships, customer community, culture, etc.)
- Will be a culture addition, not just a culture fit
- Will keep a students mindset
- Will challenge the leadership team to go faster, experiment, try something different, but is also happy to disagree but commit to a vision
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We’re a small team so you’ll have boatloads of autonomy and leadership opportunities
- We are putting DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) at the forefront of TestBox’s ethos and want you to play a major part
- We actively created a large Employee Stock Options Pool so we can reward our amazing founding team members
- Career development is a top priority and we will work with you from day 1 to hype your achievements and help you grow to the potential you want. We hire for trajectory, not past performance
- We have investors who we love working with and feel incredibly supported by them
- Pre-tax FSA, medical, dental, and vision coverage (because we all deserve to not worry about our healthcare)
- Fitness reimbursement (we love cycling and want you to love whatever keeps you active)
- Learning budget (there’s always something we should collectively know more about)
- Unlimited PTO (with a minimum 15 days per year - none of this no vacation business)
- Work from Home remote set-up allowance (desk, chair, screen, laptop, etc.,)
- Willing to work through visa sponsorship (Both founders are Aussies)
- We think there are many more reasons than this and really hope you’re excited to apply as we’re thrilled to meet you as well
Diversity Commitment: We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.