WHO WE ARE
SwipeSense is a healthcare technology company on a mission to eliminate harm and waste in medicine. Hospitals use our platform to prevent infections, make better use of their equipment, and improve the patient experience.
We believe in the power of data and partner with hospital teams to provide them with insights to sustain positive behavior change and deliver a predictable patient journey. We value relentless experimentation, a locked-arms attitude, and a shared purpose to improve the future of healthcare.
Our vision is to be the safety platform for hospitals with a growing number of applications such as hand hygiene compliance improvement, asset tracking, and nursing insights.
WHO WE NEED
We are looking for a product designer who is able to distill user feedback and business requirements into delightful digital experiences. Successful candidates will share our design philosophies of purposeful, human-centered, and minimalist design, and have a portfolio of work that puts these philosophies into practice.
Product Designers collaborate with Product Managers in the user research and discovery process, and are responsible for going from low-fidelity mock-ups, to high-fidelity design specifications and assets for the engineering team to execute on.
- Collaborate with product manager on user and field research to understand user needs and requirements.
- Engage internal teams including Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to understand business and product requirements.
- Integrate user stories, field findings, customer and business requirements into distilled scenarios and tasks.
- Create and iterate on low-fidelity mock-ups to rapidly evaluate concepts.
- Responsible for qualitative and quantitative testing of designs to drive selections and improvements.
- Create interface specifications and documentation to effectively guide implementation, including high-fidelity prototypes and production assets.
- Collaborate and pair with engineering team through design implementation.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designer on company design language, and applying it to critical marketing projects such as deck templates, customer education materials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- MFA or BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field. Self-taught candidates must have extensive experience
- Significant experience with data visualization and/or interface design
- Portfolio demonstrating research, user experience, UI and visual design skills, with particular depth in at least one area
- Experience with human or user centered design process
- Expert with design software for creating mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes and production assets
- Understanding of the web development process, and experience collaborating with developers, including creating clear specifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivator with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with clients and project team members (both internal and external)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in healthcare
Please note: position is full-time, remote or based out of Chicago headquarters, Candidates must be a US Citizen, or a foreign citizen with required work visa.