Winnie is on a mission to bring high-quality child care & educational services to every family. Our technology-driven marketplace makes it easy for parents to discover and connect with local providers. Our tools for businesses empower them to reach more families online and increase enrollment effortlessly.
We are backed by an amazing group of investors, including Homebrew, Reach Capital, Rethink Impact, and more. Join us on our mission and help shape a brighter future for families, children and caregivers everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to design user-facing elements and experiences for Winnie’s website and apps.
This position is remote-friendly, or can be based in our San Francisco office once it is safe for our team to resume working together in person.
- Create user-friendly, appealing interfaces that work on a variety of devices and screens
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to gather requirements for the design, take feedback and iterate
- Communicate your ideas clearly and develop UI mockups and user flows
- Create original design elements that extend Winnie’s existing style
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects
- 3+ years experience in UI/UX design, with a strong portfolio of prior work
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of human-centered design
- Expert proficiency with your design tools of choice
- Experience with responsive & mobile design
- Solid copywriting skills and ability to create concise, effective language for UI
- Solid visual design skills and good taste
- Working knowledge of web technologies: HTML/CSS, JS, Python
- Passion for early childhood development and education
What it's like to work at Winnie
- We’re not your typical tech company. We are super family-friendly and value reasonable work hours.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are supportive of returners who have been out of the workforce.
- We work cross functionally and collaboratively across the company.
- We use Slack and video calls to facilitate communication with remote employees.
What we offer
- Generous equity package and a competitive salary
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage for employees and their families
- FSA option, 401k plan, commuter benefits
- Generous vacation policy (and we use it)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave and family friendly policies
- Professional development budget for each employee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.