Senior UI/UX Designer
About Milo Credit:
Reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial services in a borderless world, we are the first digital bank that provides home lending solutions for global consumers and investors who want to buy or cash out on their US real estate. We lend directly to our consumers through a world class digital, multi-language platform. Founded in 2018, we are a venture backed fintech startup headquartered in Miami.
The Milo Credit team is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to drive the evolution of our product experience! Reporting into Product, you will play a key role in the development of new products and features, working closely with product and engineering to create experiences that are elegant and easy-to-use for our customers. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing features (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with product and engineering to implement the Milo vision.
If you've got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you'll fit right in. We're self-starters on a mission, who are passionate and enthusiastic about our customers and what we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. The Milo team is reimagining global financial services through new tech solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, let us know!
- Work on responsive web and mobile products and features
- Collaborate closely with product owners and designers fulfill the overall product/feature vision and to ideate on new and innovative products, features and experiences
- Create wireframes, visual designs (email templates, landing pages, site images), beautiful icons and elegant layouts for any type of device (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Develop pixel-perfect specs and design documentation, based on product requirements
- Work within existing style guidelines and create a consistent brand look & feel
- Analyze data-driven insights and user research to inform design decisions
- Design and execute Milo’s digital experience and other parts of our online and offline experiences, ensuring quality and consistency across the platform
- Define and articulate design strategies and approaches to internal teams clearly
- Create visuals and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Build close relationships with product, marketing, engineering, and business operations to understand strategies to ensure user experiences are designed in alignment with those strategies
- Quickly iterate based on design feedback from peers or learnings found in user testing
- Develop choices around design and user interfaces that allow cross-discipline teams to solve customer pain points and challenges
- Conduct research on internal and external users using appropriate qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Manage and mentor our UI/UX designer & copywriter
- 5+ years proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role in product design
- 2+ years leadership experience managing design team members
- You thrive working in fast-paced Agile environments and distributed teams
- Bilingual; fluent in English & Spanish
- Passionate about being a part of an integral part of solving complex problems with elegant, simple and easy-to-use solutions
- Care more about successful outcomes and happy customers than your design vision
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback and defending the “why” behind the designs
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Design Thinking & current on the latest design trends and processes
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zeplin, & any other design and prototyping tools
- High-performing self-starter, with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excited to join a startup, have a big impact and put in the hustle required to get things done!
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in Fintech, the mortgage industry, or a startup environment
- Experience designing products for global consumers (Extra bonus points for specifically working within the LATAM region!)
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of your design skills and completed work
Our team is scaling quickly! Are you ready to help us Unlock What’s Possible?