Junior UI/UX Product Designer
How would you like to work at a fun, dynamic company where your contributions will truly make a difference?
Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome and transcriptome data – to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are a small, interdisciplinary and passionate team of experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Viome is seeking a brand-forward Jr. UX/UI Product Designer with outstanding experience in UX. Under the supervision of our UX/UI Product Design Lead, this role is responsible for designing an experience for responsive web and iOS. Solid experience of both Mobile, Web, and eCommerce UX disciplines.
This a full-time onsite position at Viome’s office in Bellevue, WA.
Please provide your portfolio when applying. Applications without a link to a portfolio will not be considered.
- Participate in project brainstorms and generate creative concepts.
- Partner with the product team to identify product features and functionality related to business objectives
- Illustrating design options using storyboards, process flows, prototypes, and sitemaps along with thorough research and analyses
- Researching and developing new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and conveying these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
- Collaborate with UX architect on wireframes, information architecture, and dynamic interactions.
- Strong graphic and typography design skills with layout experience.
- Balance multiple product streams, prioritize, and work well under pressure in a fast-moving working environment.
- Foster design thinking grounded in customer research and analytics
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 4+ years prior design experience in a D2C business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to clearly communicate design concept and create user specifications
- Extensive experience with creative software including Sketch, Adobe Products (Photoshop, XD, Illustrator), Invision.
- Expertise in core design skills including the development of scalable design systems, intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guides, motion graphic studies and product features
- Experience in launching a diverse range of digital products (apps, websites, and software) across platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected devices)
- Experience working in growth stage business
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on consumer needs and research
- Appreciation of brand design and the belief that products shipped must represent the brand with consistent visual identity and language
- People describe you as: Fast-moving, Creative, Passionate, Customer-centric, Having high standards, Scrappy, Strong drive for results, A great collaborator
Viome's Benefits Include
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- LTD & STD
- Waiting time may apply to benefits
Viome is a 130+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in Washington, California, New York and New Mexico, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.
Viome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.