Senior UX Designer
At Mango Languages we are a team of talented individuals passionate about transforming the language-learning space. We build tools that will help people in classrooms, organizations, and households around the world learn a new language.
We are currently seeking a part-time, project-based UX Designer who can help us in the initial research and lo-fi phase of redesigning our website. This designer will take the lead in auditing our current front-facing website by consulting with Mango’s marketing team in an effort to improve our overall sales conversion, lead generation, organic SEO, and brand awareness. As UX lead for this project, we will depend on your expertise to recommend and propose design decisions and improvements that we can implement through detailed design and development. Your responsibilities will include consultation, research, presentation, user journey mapping, and delivering wireframes.
- Consult with the Marketing team on your proposal and process
- Conduct user research and interaction studies
- Present research findings and propose changes to information architecture
- Design and deliver complete responsive wireframes and lo-fi prototypes
- Participate in weekly check-ins and standups if necessary
- 5 or more years working as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role, preferably skewed towards website design
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates your UX process and customer-centric design work
- Experience designing in Figma, Sketch, InVision Studio, or Adobe XD
- Experience generating deliverables for high-fidelity design and/or development
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills with a real passion for design
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Ability to express ideas through prototyping and flow diagrams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Inspiring portfolio that demonstrates creativity as well as practicality
- Experience designing comprehensive desktop and mobile web experiences
- Experience designing for brands with multiple sales verticals
- Experience working with accessibility standards (ADA compliance, WCAG, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.