Digital Product Designer
We understand that we are currently living and working in unprecedented times and that this may cause uncertainty. We want our applicants to know that we are committed to the recruitment and onboarding process for this role and so the experience will be reflective of our culture of embracing change, agility in our processes and putting our people first. This means the hiring (and potentially onboarding) of this role will be done completely remotely. We will work with our candidates to make this process as smooth and accessible as possible.
Work with us
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. Our customers have sent over 30 million cards, gifts and flowers this year to their loved ones and we've committed to making every moment matter. As we continue to grow, our ambition is to become the ultimate companion for personal gifting and the best place our employees have ever worked.
We are investing in our product teams and are working to upgrade Moonpig's systems to the latest technologies. We now have a world-class eCommerce stack and a development platform comparable to the world’s most agile startups. At the heart of this strategy is a new design system which will be absorbed by every part of the consumer facing business.
We’re looking for a seasoned contributor that can deliver excellent design for our web platform and native apps. Detail and data obsessed, you’ll be happy working in a high ambiguity environment and possess the skills to raise the design bar at Moonpig.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design & Research, you’ll be working on some of our most high value features, pairing with engineers, researchers and Product Managers as necessary. You’ll have autonomy over strategy and execution with guidance from a high profile leadership team and peers across the Product team. You’ll get the best of startup culture at a household-name company which helps millions of people each year show that they care.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Strive for design excellence and define standards across our web and mobile platform
- Contribute to the growth and maintenance of our Design System
- Own and deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences across our website and app
- Work collaboratively in a flexible way with other designers, Product Managers, researchers, engineers and stakeholders
- Level up design team processes through thought leadership, exemplary critique, work shopping techniques and ability to operate strategically as well as at a pixel level
You'll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Want to master your craft and become the ‘best designer you can be
- Are always learning as well as willing to teach
- Your design skills are end to end and you are comfortable with Information Architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design
- Have experience producing excellent UX and UI design, backed by data within a cross functional team environment
- Have experience building, implementing or maintaining a design system from design tools through to collaborating with Engineers to deliver front end components
- 4+ years’ commercial UX design experience
- Wide range of prototyping techniques at various speeds and levels of fidelity
- Hands on experience with UX Research techniques
- Ability to communicate and defend design decisions in front of senior stakeholders.
- Ability to formulate a convincing business case for design improvements.
- Growth mindset
- Ideally advanced Figma user
To hear more about our perks and benefits visit the following: http://bit.ly/MoonpigDeck
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.