Product Design Manager
Zenput was founded in 2012 with offices in San Francisco, CA (our HQ), Atlanta, GA and Guadalajara, Mexico. Top restaurant, retail, and other multi-unit operators like Dominos, Chipotle, KFC, Five Guys, and 7-Eleven use Zenput to elevate team execution across all of their locations. Today we have customers who are collectively overseeing 50,000 locations across 40+ countries using our cloud-based platform to make their operations more agile and their employees more productive.
At Zenput, you will contribute directly to the roadmap of all of our products, working closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to design, build, and optimize user experiences. We are looking for an experienced manager that can build up a design organization that conducts customer and market research, discovers new problem spaces, defines solutions, optimizes experiences, and contributes to the product vision. You’ll be at the heart of delivering new products that solve real problems for some of the world’s most recognized brands.
We’re all remote for the time being, but we currently are planning and looking forward to returning to our offices in 2021 in San Francisco, CA, Atlanta, GA or Guadalajara, JAL, though it’s not a requirement to be in the office.
Being a Product Design Manager at Zenput means
- Building & retaining a fantastic design team with clear goals to improve the practice of Design at Zenput
- Building deep customer empathy and using data to make decisions
- Putting customers first, and asking why before how
- Partnering closely with Product Management and Engineering, but also being proactive to help advance the mission of our organization
- Being a problem-solver with an ability to cut through complex workflows and information architecture in order to deliver clear and simple solutions
What you'll do
- Build and manage a growing team of talented designers
- Establish a strong and highly collaborative design team, partnering closely with Product Managers and engineers
- Help establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product design and execution
- Manage multiple projects ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for success by setting clear and measurable goals
- Collaborate with other product designers to manage and implement a design system, and advocate for scalable design solutions
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of industry experience in a people management role on a Design team
- 5+ years of experience as a Product or UX Designer for SaaS or mobile products
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross browser & mobile environments
- Experience contributing to product strategy and working highly collaboratively with engineering & product management teams
- Experience applying user research methods, including user interviews, competitive analysis, and user testing
- Expertise with relevant design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and InVision (the tools we use), or similar tools like the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Nice to have
- Domain experience in retail operations, operations research or related fields
- Experience as Product or UX Designer working on an Enterprise product is a big plus
What you'll get
- Great mission-driven team members from diverse backgrounds with a strong company culture
- Competitive pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness / 401K benefits
- Ownership through stock options
- Yearly team off-sites
- Fun-team events and a casual work environment
Zenput is how top operators elevate team execution in every store. Restaurant, retail, and other multi-unit operators such as Chipotle, Domino's, and 7-Eleven use the platform to automate how operating procedures and key initiatives are rolled-out and enforced. Supporting 40,000 locations in over 35 countries, Zenput makes every field and store employee more productive and better equipped to do their jobs well.
Zenput provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.