Senior UX Writer
No jargon allowed! We need a UX writer who can take something complicated and make it simple, clear, and hey — maybe even a little fun.
Gusto is looking for a Senior UX Writer to join our Product Design team. Payroll, benefits, and HR have been complex and inaccessible for too long. We’re here to change that — and it starts at the intersection of writing and design. Plus, the team’s growing fast so this role offers a unique opportunity to help shape the writing culture at Gusto and pave the way for how our brand voice works within our product experience. If you’re empathetic, collaborative, and not afraid of a challenge, we want to talk.
Your to-do list
- Write and edit clear, concise, and compelling product copy
- Craft everything from tooltips and microcopy to narrative flows and broad content strategy
- Develop and maintain writing style and usage guidance in collaboration with Gusto’s design systems team
- Create frameworks and conventions that help other teams write faster and more consistently
- Partner with product, engineering and design
- Work cross-functionally with our legal, compliance, product, engineering, marketing, and customer care to deliver great product experiences
- Mentor designers and PMs to help them improve their UX and writing skills
- 7+ years of professional writing experience at a technology company
- 2+ years of UX writing experience as part of a product design team
- A portfolio of work that includes 2 or 3 projects showcasing content strategy and UX writing, as well as goals and results
- Experience establishing a UX writing practice
- A strong desire to be an advocate for great product writing and a mentor for others
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Familiarity with UX design tools, user research, programming, or prototyping
- Experience with SaaS, HR services, or writing for small businesses
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 100,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco, Denver, and New York, and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.