Waracle is looking for a talented designer to join our friendly design team. You must be passionate and enthusiastic about user experience, UI design and pixel perfection.
Waracle is already an industry leading team delivering digital solutions that transform how we live, work and play. We’ll not hide from the fact we have exciting growth plans and this has been recognised with our recent inclusion in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100, listing the UK’s fastest growing tech companies.
It’s an amazing time to join our team and you’ll be supported by a rapidly growing team of experienced specialists in design research, UX, UI, Scrum, product, data and cyber security, alongside developers specialising in native, hybrid and web technologies.
This position will be based in our Glasgow office but right now is remote working and is open to both permanent and contractor candidates.
You’ll create beautiful, intuitive and functional digital products and be able to:
- Visualise original, pixel perfect user interfaces that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex user flows.
- Collaborate with the wider product team to shape, define and implement innovative user interface solutions.
- Execute all stages of the user experience design process ensuring that your vision is realised through working closely with the development team.
- Using user research and understanding of interaction design & technology trends to present creative visual solutions.
- Promote rapid progression of ideas generation individually or in a group with stakeholders.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Demonstrable skills and a strong portfolio showing excellent design concepts with a sensitivity to user-system interaction and obsessive attention to detail.
- Solid experience in designing creative user interface solutions in a commercial setting for native apps, responsive/adaptive websites or mobile sites.
- Proficiency in Sketch or Adobe CC.
- Ability to present your designs confidently and with energy to the team and stakeholders at all levels.
- Creative and effective problem solver able to justify solutions with a bold approach and present opinions with confidence.
- Up-to-date with latest trends, design techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in a fast paced lean or agile development process is an advantage.
- Graphic design, web design or interaction design background with up to 2 years experience within a digital agency or in-house setting.
The benefits you can expect at Waracle include:
- A competitive salary
- Holidays – 31 days per year and a day off on your birthday.
- 35 hour working week
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Medicash cover
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Enhanced paternity cover