Lead UX Designer
Section 1: Position Summary
Lead the user experience design for web and mobile solutions that help millions of people achieve their financial goals. Use design thinking techniques and strong collaboration across business, design, analytics, and development functions to solve complex, large-scale problems and create experiences our customers love and that drive results for the business. Lead the UX discipline and drive culture and process improvements. Use creative and technical problem-solving skills to guide UX strategy and execution.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the UX strategy and execution on the most complex, program-level initiatives.
- Lead the creation of web and mobile solutions by using a range of skills. Proficient in all of the following, and expert in at least two: user research, interaction design, visual design, and information architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of the competitive landscape and of the Ascensus brand.
- Drive a user-centered design culture, innovation, and process improvements up, down, and across the organization.
- Able to resolve disparate user and business needs, to drive clarity and alignment across stakeholders.
- Portfolio demonstrating expertise solving the most complex UX problems and designing thoughtfully crafted web and mobile experiences on large-scale projects.
- Prototype and scale UX solutions for new products, services, features, and enhancements from journey maps through detailed designs.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across design, business, development, and analytics teams. Manage expectations within the team and with clients.
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to drive design decisions and ensure that solutions have the intended impact.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Position will report to Director , UX
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Portfolio demonstrating extensive experience solving the most complex UX problems and designing thoughtful, innovative web and mobile experiences for large-scale clients.
- Exceptional collaboration skills. High degree of creativity, empathy, and passion.
- Stellar communication skills (storytelling, visualization, use of qualitative and quantitative data) to enlist support for initiatives and ignite enthusiasm to execute. Able to drive clarity on the largest and most difficult projects.
- Expert in Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean methodologies.
- Highly proficient in the use of design and prototyping software (Adobe, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Deep knowledge about web and mobile UX patterns, best practices, and emerging technologies. Understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Excellent organizational skills. Able to switch between tasks across projects.
- Able to give and receive feedback and interpret critique to enhance project outcomes.