Ready to make Gousto the UK's most loved way to eat dinner? We're the UK’s leading recipe box company, delivering over 50 delicious recipes every week to thousands of homes across the UK.
Whether it's recipe innovation, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste, every team plays a part in our amazing growth. We have invested in our technology, data capability and product to make sure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
Our dream? To be the UK's most loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
If you have a growth mindset, think big, and relish the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced and demanding environment, then read on…
The Supply Tribe is responsible for building and optimising the capabilities that drive our expanding Supply Chain network.
Here are some of the initiatives recently delivered in the Supply Tribe:
- Scaled our capacity through unprecedented demand during lockdown
- Launched next day express delivery
- Released new generations of our world-class line optimisation capabilities
- Developed highly scalable integration capabilities for our future factories
- Launched multi-site forecasting capabilities
This is a unique and exciting opportunity as you will be the first designer to be hired for our Supply Tribe. You'll have a key role in delivering an array of different projects, bridging the gaps between teams by highlighting the unknowns and helping to convey the end-to-end service of the product. You will be able to showcase and prove the value of design thinking, connecting the dots between digital and physical touchpoints of the business and bringing the user to the forefront of everything we do. After your first year, we will have scaled to four factories, and you’ll be right at the heart of this journey.
You’ll be part of a fast-growing Product Design team that spans across our three tribes; Growth, Menu and with you, Supply. We have a range of weekly ceremonies dedicated to helping us be the best designers possible including pairing time and critiques. We also have design 10%; a day every two weeks focused on learning and development for our function.
A strong background in Service Design may be beneficial for this role as you’ll help Gousto understand the digital and physical landscape of our product.
- Working with the Product Managers across the Supply Tribe to identify the most valuable opportunities to apply service design thinking.
- Helping to define and implement best practice service design methodologies and processes.
- Influence the longer term product strategy in the Supply Tribe domain
- Map out key touch points within our service, isolating dependencies and problem areas, recommending further actions based on evidence
- Facilitating well thought out workshops, conducting exploratory work, and playing back these outcomes to teams and stakeholders
- Prove and show the value of Service Design in driving customer and business value across our wider organisation
What you’ll be doing
First three months
- Familiarise yourself with Gousto’s operations and logistics, in particular our supply chain processes.
- Work with Product Managers, Operations and Analytics across the Tribe to understand projects in flight and any existing data and insights.
- Consider how we are planning to scale to four factories and innovate our processes
- Start building a cohesive picture of the Supply landscape, creating Service Design blueprints.
Within six months
- This is where the exciting part comes in - it really is up to you! We will lean on you to help us define how this role evolves and where you can have the most impact.
You’ll love working at Gousto if you..
- Are a champion of customer-centric design, always looking to solve real problems
- Are comfortable owning the full end-to-end design process using user-centred design principles and methods
- Have a proactive approach to challenging yourself and your team to do better
- Embrace agile and iteration, and are comfortable with change
- Have ability to prioritise effectively while remaining focused on value
- Thrive when presented with complex requirements
- Recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to try and invalidate them
- Enjoy collaborating at any given opportunity
- 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave
- First Gousto box free and 40% staff discount on all boxes - 25% for your family and friends
- Aviva Digital GP & wellbeing
- Lifeworks - clinical support and complete mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing through services
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Recipe test cooking
- Eye test and glasses contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
When back in the office...
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
After 6 months
- Gym membership
- Private healthcare
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.