Location: This can be a remote location, but preferred location is Bristol, UK
Virti is a multi-award-winning corporate training company offering an end-to-end, VR/AR-based immersive learning platform that improves how people train, learn and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive digital training experiences, we are shaping the future of learning for corporates and healthcare. Virti are a TIME Best 100 Invention, have been featured on the Nasdaq Tower in Times Square and have won multiple awards while scaling up fast.
We are looking for a skilled, driven and passionate designer, with strong UX and design skills and attention to detail. You are someone who understands user behavior and have the ability to make complex interactions straight-forward and easy to use. You are independent, proactive, and not afraid to try new technologies or to seek out new solutions. You also value teamwork and enjoy to teach others and to learn from your co-workers. You have worked in close collaboration with product, technical, and business stakeholders, and seen projects through from start to finish, managing deadlines and customer expectations.
At Virti, we are building the best learning tools in the world, using the latest VR/AR/AI technologies. You will be working with our Creative Director, with responsibility for UX and UI across a range of existing products on desktop, mobile and in headsets, as well as taking the lead on new exciting projects that will integrate with and expand our platform.
- Work on products through the full life cycle, turning an initial brief into beautiful, user-friendly designs.
- Conceptualise and design new features based on qualitative and data-driven customer feedback using tools such as mixpanel.
- Making key decisions around UI/UX, communicate with the technical team, and contribute to product strategy.
- Integrate with the rest of the wider tech team. It will often be required of you to work with team members to coordinate the development of a feature together.
- Leading user and customer research and testing and report findings back to stakeholders.
- Work in an agile environment.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in modern design, and be passionate about the application of good design to new and developing technologies.
- 4+ years experience in UX/UI role
- A strong portfolio showcasing commercial interface design experience
- Experience with modern design tools, such as Adobe, Figma and Sketch
- Strong empathy for user behaviour and needs
- Experience in implementing/working with design systems (desirable)
- Experience in designing for VR/AR platforms (desirable)
- Any with the Unity engine (desirable)
- Familiarity with development/production pipelines (desirable)
- Experience in leading design projects and working closely with engineers and product managers at a fast-growing SaaS company
- Data-driven approach to UX and UI design using analytical tools
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and manage time effectively. At Virti we value people taking ownership over their tasks and exceeding expectations, and give our employees freedom to shape their work to attain these goals.
- Evidence of coachability and curiosity and a strong passion for learning.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills.
- A collaborative mindset and an interest to learn skills outside your immediate comfort zone.
- A passion for technology, gaming, and learning.
* Competitive pay, pension and excellent benefits
* 25 holiday days a year (plus one more if you wish to take one after your Birthday) + flexible working hours
* Remote work bursary, home office setup and remote work friendly
* Virti swag (hoodies, t-shirts, diary and more)
* Investment in your growth (coaching, live education, PDP investment)
At Virti, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Virti. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.