Senior Product Designer
The Wing is making major tech moves, doubling down on design to create best-in-class digital experiences for our rapidly growing community of members. Our primary mission: build products that strengthen and scale The Wing's community and contribute to the economic, social, and professional advancement of women everywhere.
To help us achieve this, we're seeking a Senior Product Designer to lead an array of exciting new digital initiatives from idea to execution. In this role, you will partner with Product Management and Engineering to re-imagine, craft, and deliver impactful products for our members.
As one of the first digital designers at The Wing, you'll play a critical role in establishing the team's principles, process, and culture. You'll also collaborate closely with our Creative team, helping translate our signature brand identity to multiple platforms.
Who you are
- A designer with 5+ years experience delivering best-in-class products across iOS, Android, and/or web
- Strong track record as a leader and individual contributor, using your skills to level-up the UX and visual design for organizations as well as mentor and inspire others on your team
- A portfolio that demonstrates a thoughtful design process, user-centric approach to problem-solving, and top-notch visual design
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional, agile environment
- An excellent storyteller with the skills to convey complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders
- Insight-driven from the get-go, using a combination of data and qualitative research to inform design decisions
- A problem-solver with an eye towards the short and long-term, working within constraints and iterating toward a future vision
- Deep knowledge of current best practices and industry standards
- Savvy craftsmanship, with experience designing and prototyping in tools like Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, iterative environment
- Energized by solving complex problems
- Passionate and strategic about delivering great products
- A natural leader, eager to teach and mentor designers on the team
- Desire to roll up sleeves and get scrappy
- Ability to accept and provide critique gracefully
- Curious, collaborative, and empathetic