About Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds is a mobile gaming company that focuses on the power of games to connect people. We build deep, rich games that are social by design and last for decades. Our first game, Highrise, is a creative virtual world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 5 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top gaming companies.
About the Role
We are growing and looking for a skilled and enthusiastic UI/UX Designer with some (or a lot of) experience in creating user-centered designs.
We are looking for a passionate designer excited to make the world both more accessible and fun. You will be working to construct delightful user experiences around play and friendships.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As UI/UX Designer you will...:
- Work closely with Senior Product Designer on Highrise
- Create delightful user-centered experiences by building and adhering to established design patterns.
- Generate mockups, wireframes and polished visual designs.
- Make your own schedule, effectively estimate tasks and deliver on time.
- Establish, maintain and follow consistent internal design guidelines for UI/UX.
- Survey other applications to understand what does and doesn’t work.
- Conduct customer interviews when necessary to collect feedback and understand user requirements.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to be…:
- Experienced: You have 1+ year's experience designing and building product experiences for end-users and ideally you have shipped design for a product used by many people.
- User-centric: You have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you back those decisions with user research.
- Open-minded: You’re very open to feedback and trying new things.
- Hard-working: You have an "above and beyond" work ethic driven by a desire to grow and succeed.
- Skilled Written Communicator: Highrise is 100% remote, which means writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to explain decisions.
- Know your tools: You have some experience working with design tools like Sketch/Adobe XD.
- Meticulous: You have a strong attention to detail when it comes to design guidelines and consistency.
Within 3 months, you'll…:
- Work with Highrise's Product designer to deliver attractive user interfaces.
- Support the Product designer to create mock-ups.
- Assist in the production of concept sketches, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Independently gather and evaluate user requirements.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
Within 6 months, you'll...:
- Independently contribute to Highrise's UI design style guide.
- Take ownership of designing graphic user interface elements .
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Employee care packages. Snacks, drinks, gifts sent directly to you!
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.