Senior UX/UI Designer
Please send us your CV and a cover letter including your portfolio (PDF or link to your Website/Behance/Dribbble) to email@example.com
Who we are
Amp X is working on disrupting the energy market and accelerating the transition to zero carbon.
Amp X is here to solve all the challenges associated with Decarbonisation, Decentralisation, Digitisation and Democratisation of the ways we produce, distribute and consume energy in order to shape a more equal, sustainable and fair energy future for everyone. We are on a mission to change the way people actively participate in a clean, 100% renewable, transparent, democratic and decentralised energy market and yours will be one of the key roles in this exciting story we will write together.
If you enjoy having great autonomy in building products from the ground up, here at Amp X you will be empowered to deliver world-class user-centric products that will help revolutionize the energy industry.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will have the chance to work with a team of excellent designers, developers and data scientists and make truly innovative, top-notch products for both biz and consumer customers.
Your Role, Joys and Responsibilities
- Run day-to-day UX design operations while organising, building and leading a design team who strive to constantly deliver customer value, ensuring alignment, collaboration and functional excellence across the organisation
- Contribute to the Product Team's data-driven decision making framework and make it actionable for both existing & new team members
- Actively participate in user experience recruitment efforts, assisting with the identification and nurturing of top talents
- Run design exploration activities to help your team navigate ambiguous problem spaces
- Design and test high-quality deliverables across different web, native apps and brand
- Complete responsibility for the delivery of the entire design journey, from wireframes through to high-fidelity designs of various products across the company: web-app, mobile apps, etc.
- Improving the product designs on an ongoing basis, based on direct feedback from customers and other stakeholders
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilize the design system
- Contribute to the Product team's customer-driven product development principles and help the team apply them in their day-to-day operations
- Work together with our engineering leadership team and product managers on constantly improving our agile processes (Tech, Product & Design) to achieve our goal of continuous delivery
- Support & oversee the teams' execution of their 3-6 months roadmaps by increasing transparency, removing blockers and reducing dependencies
- Participate in the planning and scoping process to set clear and measurable goals, and support the achievement of these goals by building up & following common processes.
- Be the interface towards the rest of the organisation to give updates & outlooks on the next steps of our brands and products and challenges we face
- Support the company by sharing our internal knowledge to a wider, external community of product experts
- Occasionally write articles about Design Principles, UX, Tech and other relevant topic for our products
Your Profile - What we expect from you
- Product mindset with UI and UX thinking as your compass
- Experience managing design teams and building complex applications
- A portfolio of work that shows examples of UX / UI Design and Design Systems for mobile and web applications
- A strong track record and understanding of visual and interaction design (at least 5 years of experience in the field)
- Great technical understanding of how to build systems, UI patterns and work smarter around technical limitations
- Great understanding of the upsides & downsides of agile methodologies
- Experience designing for web, Android and IOS and deep knowledge of mobile and web design guidelines and best practices
- Experience in writing simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners and other stakeholders)
- Strong in articulating and explaining your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Fluent with different levels of prototyping tools such as Adobe Xd, Figma, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English is a must
- Ability (and pleasure in) taking initiative and setting your course of action
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working on consumer and/or business energy products, IoT and smart home applications or devices
- Experience with brand design and management
- Experience in HTML, CSS, JS, React Native
- Entrepreneurial and/or startup experience
What's in it for you
- Diverse, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for renewable energy and the environment, phenomenal team spirit and a great sense of humor
- The chance to work closely with other teams across Europe and North America
- High team autonomy and agile environment paired with a flat hierarchy
- A strong remuneration package with ESOP after the probation period has ended
- Conference & education budget
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee stock plans
- Regular offsite & team events
- Tools and equipment of your choice
- Office options in Edinburgh and Prague
- This position is Remote (EU time zones)