Senior UX Designer
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scale up with an international and diverse team of 80+ dedicated Wingtranauts, and growing. Founded at ETH Zurich more than 5 years ago, our high-performance WingtraOne drone is continuously improved by a world-class team of 30+ engineers. By now our customers have grown from survey and mapping professionals to scientists, humanitarian organizations and environmentalists. They fly WingtraOne more than a thousand hours on a monthly basis. And we believe this is only the beginning—together we can achieve so much more.
In this role, you will embed with our product management and app development teams, starting with research and ending with detailed product and feature deliverables. Joining us in a strong growth phase of the company, you will be the main responsible for a wide range of UX-related responsibilities.
- Take ownership for enhancing the customer satisfaction by improving the ease-of-use and pleasure associated with Wingtra’s products and services.
- Drive and be and ambassador for a design-focused perspective within the engineering team, by facilitating iterative design and a user-centric validation framework.
- Work on a high-level, exploring unmet customer needs and opportunities in the user experience by means of UX research. Collect data to gain insights through surveys, validations tests, interviews. Illustrate high-level ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Work hands-on on UX/UI design of released product features: gathering and evaluating user requirements, iterating by means of wireframing and interactive prototyping, coordinating feature testing and delivery with the engineering team and assume full responsibility for visual UI design.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer.
- Hands-on experience with product discovery and ideation through structured user-centric methodologies and validation frameworks.
- Proficient use of design and prototyping software (Adobe, Sketch, InVision, Figma or similar).
- University degree in product design, service design, graphic design, human-computer interaction, research psychology or a similar field.
- Practical experience with Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean methodologies and up-to-date with latest UX principles.
- Strong portfolio of previous projects.
- Self-motivated team player, with a mindset of continuous feedback and growth and the ability to take end-to-end project ownership and prioritisation.
- Willingness to occasionally travel globally for customer visits
- Experience with UX design for digital B2B product and/or hardware products.
- Experience with front-end programming for mobile apps.
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.