We're looking for a talented UX designer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our user experience team, you will help create frictionless, usable designs for our players. You will be trusted with being the voice of the player and advocating for and incorporating their needs through high fidelity wireframes and prototypes. As a player first designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with other disciplines such as game design, art, and audio to create a consistent and meaningful experience between the player and the interfaces they interact with.
- Minimum of 2 years working as a UX designer in gaming or a related field
- Deep understanding of usability principles and how to incorporate them into game interface design
- Proficiency with demonstrating user needs through prototyping using a tool such as Axure, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Solid communication skills and the demonstrable ability to present and communicate designs across game development teams
- Excellent problem solving skills; you take complex problem spaces and break them down into functional and actionable solutions
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the industry
- Ambitious and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design thinking and deliverables
- Experience shipping titles as a UX designer or related position
- Experience conducting or moderating user research that has informed your designs
- An advocate for, and experience in implementing games accessibility guidelines
- Proficiency in art tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in a related field such as human-computer interaction, interaction design, graphic design, etc.