Senior Product Designer
In less than three years, Flowspace has created one of the largest on-demand modern omnichannel fulfillment networks in the country, powered by cloud and mobile technology. We enable hundreds of brands and retailers to dynamically store, fulfill and ship products seamlessly to consumers nationwide from 120+ locations. Join us in our mission to transform a $100 billion warehouse and logistics industry. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
The Senior Product Designer (SPD) is at the center of our product development process leading the design of simple and delightful user experiences around highly complex data and processes. The SPD collaborates with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and other designers to launch initiatives that create value and improve user experience. The SPD is responsible for concepts, facilitating research, prototyping, and defining visual design. The SPD shows demonstrable leadership, defining the operating structures, facilitating training and providing mentorship, and incorporates their deep understanding of our platform and industry.
While we're based on the westside of Los Angeles, we are open to hiring remotely (within the US) for this role.
What you'll do
- User Research: Engage with users, plan and execute research studies, and leverage data and evidence to make confident design decisions.
- Problem Solving: Design end-to-end user experiences through collaborative brainstorming, user journeys, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished visual design comps using Sketch or other tools.
- Build High-Quality Products: Partner with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to design user experiences from conception to launch. Lead broader design initiatives, such as creating future visions for upcoming products, services, and features.
- Cross-team Collaboration: Present work and communicate design decisions to stakeholders with confidence and clarity to gather feedback, iterate on and refine design solutions
- Leadership: Help to grow our team by serving as a mentor and helping the team deliver the highest quality. Implement procedures, training, and workflows for driving efficiency and creating leverage for the team.
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per year for all staff or team gatherings (once we resume travel).
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years as a UX/UI/Product Designer building best-of-class digital products.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating direct contribution to shipment of 2 or more products successfully with clear metrics on how solutions drove user and/or business outcomes.
- Experience across the full product development cycle: from ideation and strategy to hands-on implementation.
- Team leadership experience, through management and/or mentoring of others.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Willing to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience working with remote design, and development teams.
- Experience designing mobile applications for B2C and B2B software.
- Experience building a product from ground zero or working at an early-stage startup.
- Experience working with warehousing, logistics, or ERP software.
- A BFA or MFA with studies in the fields of interaction design, UX, visual design, and/or Human-computer interaction (preferred but not required).
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, life insurance
• 401K Matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us.