UX / UI Designer
Fabric is where new parents come to start their family’s financial life. Come aboard to help us help them.
We are a financial technology company that makes it simple, fast, and easy for family’s to collaborate on the essential building blocks of financial security - today, that means buying life insurance and creating a will, but in the future will include additional products.
From electronic signatures to underwriting, engineering is at the core of everything we build. We aim to create humane software that includes only the essential complexity. Like software, we are a constant work in progress, and we believe that personal growth comes from making mistakes and exploring thorny problems. The quality of our work is driven by the diversity of our individual backgrounds and experiences.
Come join us as we re-make a $650 Billion industry and work to improve the lives of millions of families.
***What You'll Do***
- Conduct user research, including:
... Develop personas and usage scenarios
... Conduct competitor and customer analysis
... Qualitative customer interviews
... Quantitative user polling
... Usability testing
... Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Produce Beautiful UX / UI
... Deliver data-informed design solutions
... Rapidly design and test prototypes
... Evolve our UI patterns and component library
... Create wireframes, UI elements, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Understand Fabric’s vision, strategic priorities, and competitive position
- Communicate design decisions to stakeholders
- Collaborate with world-class team members across strategy, content, engineering, and product.
***Who You Are***
- A UX / UI designer with a keen interest in crafting clear usable experiences.
- A multifaceted UX designer with expert level knowledge of:
... UX / UI best practices
... UI patterns
... Responsive web design
... Typography, Color, and Content Usage
... Grid systems
... Diagramming information architecture and user flows
... Working in close collaboration with product leads and engineering teams
- A plus, but not required, would be experience with:
... Frontend development
... Working within an agile development system
- Committed to continuous learning, iteration, collaboration and user-centered experiences
- A great communicator who listens well, asks the right questions, and has a sense of humor
- Looking to gain a breadth of experience within a world-class start-up team
- Looking to be at the core of a growing product design team
***What You've Done***
- 5+ years of of product design and UX and UI design experience at a leading consumer technology company or product development firm
- Built a portfolio of design challenges highlighting your design process from concept through execution