Senior UX Designer
Tracking Link Board
Senior UX Designer
As the Product team that supports Wayfair Global Talent we are responsible for developing an ecosystem of technologies and processes that helps find, hire, and inspire the most diverse and talented individuals as a differentiator for our business. We create fluid and holistic end-to-end experiences for every Wayfarian to be productive in their role, bring their true and best self to work, and develop confidently towards their future.
As part of the Talent Product team, our design group is an integral part of our overall process of roadmapping, planning and executing on critical projects for the company. We are looking for a designer who is continuously looking for ways to make our products and organization more efficient and effective, while acting as a subject matter expert in design and user experience. We rely on data and analysis to drive our decision-making and planning, and we need design leadership that will participate in the creation and use of that data. You’ll own key projects and be involved from start to finish. You’ll have opportunities to recommend direction, set design strategy and guidelines, and will be regularly working with our stakeholders to ensure quality of results.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with product managers and Talent stakeholders to define goals and outcomes for a variety of build and implementation initiatives
- Lead and facilitate design sprints and design thinking activities that comprise a variety of stakeholders across Product and Talent teams, in service of both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and the dedicated Talent design team to execute design concepts that deliver on business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Participate in short and long-cycle user research projects in partnership with the research and product teams
- Conceptualize and create wireframes, workflows and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques
- Act as a mentor and senior team member who is comfortable taking on leadership roles.
What You’ll Need:
- Passion for defining and creating functional and engaging user experiences with a strong employee-first focus
- Experience and focus on service design, user research and functional definition of the user experience, emphasizing design thinking and collaboration with your product and engineering partners, and with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiating priorities
- Experience working with Agile engineering teams, including the use of Jira for work tracking
- A portfolio that showcases evidence of your exemplary design thinking approach to solving complex problems
- Strong skills in, and understanding of, modern design processes and tools, particularly Sketch, Abstract, and Adobe Creative Suite, and the use of pre-existing and evolving design systems
- Demonstrable UX experience, preferably within a large organization and managing multiple projects
- People management experience is strongly preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.