Creative UX Design Director
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Kirkland, WA, but you’ll be working remotely from any of our GoDaddy offices.
What you'll get to do...
We’re looking to for seasoned UX design leader to join our Foundations team to help create, evolve and manage GoDaddy’s design system. Our design system enables all digital touch points (web and mobile) and is a driving force behind a wide range of our award-winning experiences. This role will design and operationalize our design system by collaborating with all UX and Brand teams to define the aesthetic and interaction aspects of our design language along with core micro/macro design patterns. You will also work with a cross functional team to provide designers, engineers and PMs with the tools and knowledge they need to effectively use the design system in their work. As a Creative UX Design Director, you will be a key leader and contributor to design efforts at GoDaddy helping to promote a cohesive experience and the reuse of patterns we know work effectively.
Lead the UX of GoDaddy’s design system, working with UX and brand teams to help author, refine and deploy a best-in-class design language across all customer touch points.
- Collaborate with designers across teams to create new elements and patterns for both web and mobile.
- Drive the evolution of GoDaddy’s visual language.
- Manage the implementation of the design system across the product ecosystem.
- Work with developers to maintain and create coded components that align to our design language for our library.
- Evangelize and support the use of our design system across our Brand and Delivery teams.
- Assess consistency and coherence across our design system while identifying areas for improvements.
- Work closely with GoDaddy Brand team, ensuring UX contributes and helps to inform our overall identity.
- When needed, work with Analytics and User Research to ensure usability and universal accessibility.
Your experience should include...
- Has a minimum of 10 years as a designer and 5 years building design systems.
- A track record creating, developing and deploying a design system at scale.
- A portfolio and body of work that demonstrates a keen eye for aesthetics, simplicity and systems thinking in user experiences along with the willingness to take chances.
- Confident working in a technical context, collaborating with senior engineers.
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Ability to influence, build trust and relationships across Designers, PMs, and Engineers.
- Comfortable working in a high impact, high energy, fast-paced environment where data and experimentation drives success
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.