UX Research Ops Specialist
As a UX research ops specialist, you’ll drive efficiency and propose new ideas and tools to streamline the work produced by you and your UX Research team. You partner with researchers to support their study goals and organize the planning and execution of UX research projects. You are a well-organized self-starter with a keen eye for detail, strong project management skills, and an ability to understand a project’s needs and develop a plan to get things done.
In this role, you will define and guide impact tracking, strategic planning, execution, and further defining critical initiatives within the Research Operations space. You build an efficient and effective project management operations infrastructure that is the backbone of the research team. You are a strong and empathetic partner within the research operations community. You are an excellent communicator, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about improving tools, processes, and techniques.
You bring expertise in research operations practices and prioritize a pipeline of inbound research requests with outgoing projects. You have excellent knowledge of recruitment, participant management, vendor management, and policy conformance. You write effective communication for high volume and high visibility survey sends. You are comfortable developing and maintaining key relationships with business area stakeholders and creating team resources and communications.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with researchers.
- Identify and define strategic planning for Research Operations at Reddit, including key initiatives, impact tracking, and execution standards.
- Be an owner within the Research Operations space, continuously proposing new ideas for improving efficiency and experimenting with new tools, processes, and techniques to streamline the work produced by you and your team, keeping it aligned with the broader visions of the UX Research team and the company at large.
- Manage the pipeline of inbound research requests from various teams across the organization. Assess incoming requests and prioritize new and ongoing projects.
- Source, screen, and schedule participants for research studies to test new features and products, ensuring exceptional sampling and participant quality.
- Create thoughtful, targeted, effective written communication for high volume and high visibility survey sends. Ensure that all sourcing and messaging is done in compliance with Reddit policies.
- Promote compliance with Reddit policies and adoption of best practices in all research activities.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with business area stakeholders (Design, Legal, Privacy, Community, Security, IT, etc.)
- Collaborate with researchers to understand their study objectives, clarify their participant requirements, decide sourcing methods, develop assessments to screen candidates, plan the logistics of recruitment support, and perform critical tasks to execute that plan.
- Develop and maintain team resources and communications, including team subreddit, training materials, playbooks, and regular messaging to the team about process updates.
- Source and evaluate Design and Research vendors when needed. Interface with Legal, Privacy, Security, and IT teams to onboard and pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work.
- Collaborate with researchers to identify team needs and deliver on crucial engagement initiatives, including building team culture, connection, and communication.
What We Can Expect From You
- 2+ Years of Experience as a Research Operations Specialist.
- Work experience in a research setting supporting in-person data collection or customer-facing work in the tech industry.
- Familiarity with the UX product development process and UX research methods, including participant recruitment tactics and strategies. Enjoys working closely with researchers and designers.
- Well versed in survey software, such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey or Typeform; experience with relevant project management tools, such as JIRA, Basecamp, Smartsheet, Asana, etc.
- Work experience coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying complexity levels concurrently, working across diverse timezones and cultures.
- Process and efficiency guru - passion for planning, tracking, organizing logistics, and documentation.
- Creative, analytical, and methodical in approach to problem-solving - able to identify problems others missed, make reasoned decisions with imperfect or ambiguous information, and be proactive in determining the best path forward.
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in tackling problems big and small, able to juggle multiple simultaneous requests at exceptional speeds, while paying close attention to the details, and without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Excellent communication skills--you can quickly establish an easy rapport with a wide variety of people through both speaking and writing.
- Strong stakeholder management and collaborative abilities. Communicates early and often. Able to take shifting priorities and timelines in stride and manage change effectively.
- Personable – Adaptable and able to make others feel at ease.
- Analytical – Investigative, inquisitive, always asking 'why?'.
- Collaborative – Able to facilitate effective working among colleagues in various roles.
- Organized – Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Articulate – Able to guide and train on efficiency persuasively and accurately.
- Principled – Focussed on the right outcome for operations effectiveness.
Please submit the following
- CV or resume
- Website and/or portfolio link
- Social media links
- A brief case study of a project from your portfolio that outlines a research ops problem, your research ops solution design and rationale, an overview of the outcomes, and the impact of the research ops solution.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities