Digital Product Designer (UX/UI)
We’re a fast-growing SaaS startup on a mission to revolutionize digital work instructions. As a key digital product designer at SwipeGuide, you will jump into the design deep-end and help us disrupt an industry. You’ll play a key part in changing our business, designing from concept through sketches and prototypes, whilst redefining design strategy, and working with awesome global clients.
WHO ARE WE?
SwipeGuide is on a mission to simplify the world by making any task easier to do. You know those long, confusing 'how to' instructions, like you might get with a coffee machine? Annoying, right? Imagine that you work on an assembly line in a busy factory, and you need to use bad instructions to do your job well. I’m sure you can imagine the frustration.
We're developing an intuitive cloud software (SaaS) to fix that. SwipeGuide allows global companies to build and share visual step-by-step work instructions with their workforce on multiple devices. We all know that a digital future is unavoidable, and we’re providing the software essential for an effective digital transformation.
And it's working. We started with 5 people in 2016. We now have just about 20 full-time employees, 100,000 platform users, and we’ve built over 10,000 instructions. We're a true (well funded) startup that is growing, and our groundbreaking work instruction platform is being used across the globe by some of the world's most recognisable brands, such as the most famous Dutch beer brewery. Just recently we were selected as Winner in the EIT Digital Challenge 2020 out of 403 European Tech Scaleups.
OUR TEAM OF SWIPEES
- We’re based out of the bustling startup hub B.2 in Amsterdam (Even during COVID-19, you still have the option to play ping pong, foosball, arcade machines, PS4s in a socially distanced way - with nice places to sit in the sun with awesome people).
- Our international team (including members from the US, Finland, Romania, Austria, and Turkey) is growing! You'll soon meet kitesurfer, the yoga lover, the basketball player, and the bearded one.
- Collaborate with our product team, including an excellent UX/UI Designer who you will be working very closely with, and engineers
- We like to fail (it’s how we learn) and every Thursday, we throw a (digital) ball around a (Zoom) room and share our failures together.
YOUR ROLE AS DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER
To realise our mission, we need to continue building and growing a team that strives to simplify. Together with our Founders, Willemijn and Daan, and our CTO, Sue, you'll be collaborating on multiple meaningful design projects to ultimately build a scalable platform for our global clients. At SwipeGuide we include design from day one. You will be one of the most essential members of the team in evaluating and creating a product from concept to MVP and beyond. This will involve daily problem solving, collaboration, and constant innovation. Your responsibilities may include:
- Developing a design strategy in direct collaboration with the product team for our web and mobile applications.
- Understanding complex business requirements and translating them into simple solutions for the CMS & Viewers.
- User research, user testing, A/B testing, and other methods to validate product designs.
- Creating user flows, mock-ups, prototypes, and responsive layouts that can be translated into working software.
Essential Attributes for the Digital Product Designer
You are an experienced Digital Product Designer with broad skillset in the fields of UX, Interaction Design, Research, and Product Strategy. You have at least 3 years of professional working experience, ideally in a startup or scale-up environment, working on SaaS products, web or mobile applications. We're not looking for someone who can make the product look pretty on a screen - we need someone to help define the best way our product should work for our users. In line with our mission we look for someone who can turn the complex into something simple for our users.
We are looking for:
- At least 3+ years of experience in end to end digital product design.
- BSc or MSc in a user experience, interaction design, or related subject. (However, you will mainly be evaluated on your portfolio, so impress us with your design process!).
- Strong prototyping skills with Invision, Figma, or other tools.
- High-level of experience with tools like Sketch and/or InVision to create low, medium and high fidelity wireframes and mockups.
- Experience with cross-platform design (Web, Android, iOS ).
- Comfortable translating user stories and requirements into tangible insights, strategies, and designs.
- Experience with shipping digital products, not just websites.
- Strong attention for detail & simplicity, demonstrated in your portfolio & resume.
- Fluency in English.
- Used to collaborating with engineers to bring your designs to life.
- Not afraid of ambiguity or a challenge.
Nice to have:
- Experience with (minimalist) instructional design.
- Experience with web development.
- Experience working in a startup or scale-up.
- Experience working with Scrum, Kanban, or other agile software development process.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive monthly compensation.
- Opportunity to receive employee stock appreciation rights.
- Unlimited holiday policy (we trust our team to be responsible and manage their own time).
- You'll be in a fortunate situation to make a high impact - you'll be a hands-on designer while setting strategy and guiding the business.
- Flexible working hours (come in at 10 am, no problem) and option to design remotely or from startup hub at B. Amsterdam.
- Laptop so you can get your s**t done!
- All the usual banter that you would expect from a startup.
- A chance to learn from other people’s mistakes - we share and celebrate failures on Thursday.
What are your future colleagues saying about Swipeguide?
''I thought I’d learn some things, but I've learned so much more than I thought I ever would" -Vlad Full-Stack Developer
“I love the atmosphere of collaboration. It really feels like everyone here cares about our product, and genuinely wants it to grow and succeed. That's a healthy kind of place to work.” - Chris Content Marketeer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.