Stella is looking for a Product Designer to join our small, collaborative product team in New York. You will be the only full-time, on-location designer across two product lines, working directly with 2 product professionals and the CEO of the business.
Stella is an AI-driven talent marketplace for 150+ of the top tech and Fortune 500 companies. Job seekers upload their resume once, get matched to relevant jobs in the network, and can apply with one click. We've raised over $20m of venture funding to fuel our mission of getting great candidates and great companies to meet each other, faster. We also provide our clients with an enterprise-grade compensation platform, using machine learning and proprietary data to generate the most accurate, actionable insights in the market.
What you’ll do:
- Lead interaction design, UX exploration, and design system development.
- Work with product to turn wireframes into low-fi prototypes and high-fidelity design.
- Work on entirely new product lines and existing product features.
- Help define brand style, consistency, and become a strong user advocate.
- Assist in managing and directing contract and part-time design resources.
- Assist in the execution of usability tests as part of early product development.
What (optionally) sets you apart:
- You prefer the fast-changing, dynamic nature of a startup, whereby priorities can shift on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis.
- You are comfortable selectively skipping lengthy research and variation creation when engineering or product requires functional, immediate collateral.
- You can speak the language of front end development as part of your role in putting your designs into production with the engineering team.
- You have both B2B and B2C experience and are comfortable straddling the line in your designs for this era of bottoms-up enterprise product.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of responsive web or mobile design experience.
- 1+ years of experience at a VC-backed startup is preferred.
- Some in-house experience at a larger company is a bonus.
- Expertise with an end-to-end design stack (tool choice is up to you).
- Advanced skills in visual design and typography.
Please send us your portfolio alongside your application!