North Street Creative
North Street is an independently-owned branding, design and web development studio. We specialize in helping brands and businesses better engage their customers through thoughtful, user-first design and execution.
A designer with a demonstrated ability to distill complex design challenges into elegant, user-centered experiences. You’ll work closely with a small, tight-knit team of writers, designers, and developers to conceptualize and design beautiful websites, as well as various brand collateral.
A critical, creative thinker with experience designing websites that combine atomic design principles and visual design best practices. You strongly believe that good design is rooted in a thorough and rigorous discovery process, and feel equally comfortable drafting site maps and interaction flows as you do designing mockups in Sketch.
- Conduct research as part of the discovery process, including user profiling, competitive analysis, and site traffic and SEO analysis
- Use resulting discovery conclusions, along with your professional experience, to inform site architecture and design decisions
- Create original website designs in Sketch that push the envelope while following best practices
- Build interactive prototypes using UXPin, Principle, or InVision
- Design marketing materials including business cards, brochures, and PowerPoint presentations
- Create presentations for client meetings
- Assist the development team with QA testing
- Maintain a keen eye for evolving best practices and emerging trends
- 3+ years experience including UX, interaction, and visual design
- Fluency in Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- A demonstrated ability to present and articulate multiple solutions for a given design challenge
- A strong understanding of best practices and technical processes for web development
- Experience working collaboratively with a small team of designers, developers, and strategists
- Expert attention to detail and ability to manage shifting priorities on the fly
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong critical thinking and an excellent eye for visual design, including documentation illustrating your thought process behind a given project
- An obsession with typography, layout, color, and all things interactive
You May Have
- A degree in visual design or related field or equivalent education experience
- Experience designing for WordPress and Shopify
- Experience with content strategy
- Experience with animation and logo design
- This is a freelance, remote position, however you are welcome to work on-site at our studio in Manhattan’s South Street Seaport neighborhood
- Payment is competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Provide your resume, a link to your portfolio, and any other relevant information. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, please be sure to tell us all about your favorite homemade meal as a kid.
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or offshore firms.