Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer for our team. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers, internal stakeholders, and business partners. This role is a member of the Product team.
What you’ll do:
- UX/UI Design. Create and enforce design quality standards, that lead to cohesive and delightful user experiences. You will guide the design initiatives across various applications including eCommerce shops, internal admin platform, external facing partner platform, and various others.
- Collaborate. Close coordination with the Product team to develop a shared vision of a product or feature and then lead a process to define the design to deliver on the product’s objectives. Close communication with the Engineering team to ensure delivery of features meet design requirements.
- Think creatively. Don't be afraid to explore non-conventional approaches to address conventional problems.
- Problem-solve. Strategize & execute on how design helps solve complex problems across multiple apps. Evaluate quality on both design-centric and data driven metrics in regular reviews.
- Passionate. You live and breathe design. You regularly stay up to date on current design trends and enjoy learning new skills as a designer. You have a passion for the user’s experience and the ability to execute that with meaningful and elegant design. Love what you do and have fun in the process.
- Analytical. You have deep knowledge of user-centered design and usability best practices. You understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs. You are able to backup your design decisions with meaningful data or reasoning.
- Experienced. Experience in managing workload against resources and competing priorities, successfully working with leadership and cross-functional teams. You have a great UX/UI portfolio, demonstrating outstanding design, execution, and problem solving skills.
- Collaborative. Have conviction to champion your perspective but able to successfully collaborate with other points of view. Effortlessly collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide concept visualizations, prototypes, specifications, and ultimately high-resolution assets for beautiful user interfaces in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience designing for large-scale ecommerce or SaaS platform
- An online portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to translate wireframes into outstanding visual/UI design
- Advanced understanding of CSS, HTML5
- BA/BS degree in Design or similar background or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in UX/UI design
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision
- Experience designing for responsive platforms
- Ability to prototype interactions/designs
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and/or Looker
- Experience using GitHub Issues
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons