UX Research Intern
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the intern
We are seeking a passionate intern who will support our UX Research & Insights team for 6-12 months. We have just launched our new streaming service Joyn and you can help us build the next generation video entertainment platform. We are looking to you to create a competitive advantage for us by delivering insights that help revolutionize the experience consumers have with our new service. Together, we will have a significant impact and challenge our competitors in Germany and Europe.
As User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will help us answer the most challenging questions in product and design. We are a fun team of 3 researchers and very passionate about research and our users. You will help us conducting qualitative research, exploring the behaviours and motivations of our users, and working with motivated teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to build the next-gen video platform’s features. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create the next-gen video platform that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. We collaborate closely with other departments to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
What you would do
- Contribute towards all research activities (e.g. lab studies, remote testing, card sorting etc.)
- Help us analyse open-ended user-feedback to derive actionable insights
- Work cross-department with UX, Design and Product Management
What we are asking - Minimum qualifications
- Experience with qualitative user research
- Analytical mindset
- As our company language is english, you should be fluent in English & German
What we are asking - Preferred qualifications
- Experience (via prior internships) in the field of user experience research
- Experience with video editing
- Master’s student in the field of HCI, media informatics, media and interaction design or similar
- Proactive personality: You strive to find out what our users want
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.