UX Research Intern
OVO is looking for a design thinking, well organized and good communication to start their adventure with us as a UX Researcher Intern.
Who We Are
OVO is Indonesia’s fastest growing and leading payments and financial services platform in Indonesia. Within 2 years, OVO has been recognised as Indonesia’s 5th unicorn and continues to win customer mindshare and heartshare through its innovations within Payments and as it accelerates its Financial Services offerings including digital lending, insurance and investments.
Anchoring on its vision and mission to be the largest Fintech platform in Indonesia through providing Indonesians with equal financial access, to date, OVO has extended its reach to be available across 115mn devices across >30 cities nationwide and is accepted across >500 retailers.
- Own the research process from end to end; identify research opportunities, research planning, execution, synthesize, until insights and recommendation delivery with the right methods (quantitative or qualitative and attitudinal or behavioral) based on research questions that we want to know.
- Deeply understand the people’s problems through several practices like probing and triggering think out loud while making sure there is less bias as possible, such as missing context, leading questions and other prohibited approaches in user research.
- Triangulate data from other sources (data analytics, market research, CE complaints, social media sentiments, etc) when synthesizing to bring cohesive insights that are enriched with multiple perspectives.
- Produce sharp yet meaningful insights with clear and actionable recommendations to the stakeholders in a structured and easy to understand way.
- Work cross-functionally with product, business, engineering and other relevant teams to bring key user insights from research that will help define the product north star and roadmap while driving the creation of engaging, high-quality, global user experiences.
- Proactively involving stakeholders in understanding our users through research activities (user immersion, co-creation, etc).
- Lead relevant and thoughtful conversations within cross-functional teams to promote design-thinking and customer-centric culture.
- Have a strong awareness and understanding of current and future global trends in products, features and overall user experience of the products that you’re responsible for through competitive analysis.
What You Need
- Highly motivated with strong curiosity to clearly understand people's problems and find the root cause to make sure that our future processes will solve the right things and solve the things right.
- Able to do research practices ranging from quantitative to qualitative and attitudinal to behavioral like survey, in-depth interviews, usability testing, contextual inquiries, ethnography studies and other research methods.
- Able to use synthesizing methods and insight delivery formats, like affinity diagramming, card sorting, customer journey mapping, etc.
- Able to use collaboration tools, like Miro, Whimsical and office tools (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations), to help research processes along the way.
- Relishes giving and receiving feedback, understands the art of constructive, egoless research critique, and seeks feedback from customers and coworkers in order to constantly raise the quality bar.
- Ability to manage clear & well-organized documentation.
- Good communication skills with a proactive mindset to solve problems and good English conversation, presentation and writing skills.
- Can understand and use China’s products with its native language would be plus.