Apply for this job
The senior UX designer is a skilled practitioner, recommended team member, and a contributor to design and product strategy. This person produces high quality, detailed work that is clear, purposeful, and which meets program objectives within tight timelines.
This designer actively collaborates with product team members to interpret complex and abstract concepts into quality solutions. This designer is proficient in leveraging critical design thinking skills and tools to drive clarity within the project.
- Engages with client stakeholders to understand and shape product strategy
- Partners with client stakeholders and Business Analysts to write user stories and ensure requirements are sufficient for UX and Engineering work to proceed
- Regularly contributes UX epics, stories, and tasks to the backlog and collaborates with project partners to maintain a well-groomed roadmap
- Possesses strong visual design skills and uses common industry tools such as Sketch, Figma, and the Adobe Suite
- Produces high-quality deliverables such as wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes
- Engages UX Manager, Product Manager, and key stakeholders to review all designs, explain rationale, consider feedback, and lead in implementing changes
- Delivers focused design documentation with clear acceptance criteria which enables Engineers to proceed with minimal guidance
- Messages clearly and proactively to the team when deadlines cannot be met
- Ensures design decisions are based on documented, objective facts
- Develops a strong holistic understanding of the industry, competitors, customers, and resources for each product assignment
- Mentors by example, provides assistance and feedback to junior designers and UX resources
- 5-7 years of professional experience in UX design
- Experience designing for mobile platforms
- Direct experience in two or more skill areas such as design thinking workshops, research, user analysis
- Knowledge of key products, channels, and platforms, with UX experience in at least two areas such as desktop web, mobile web, and mobile native design
- High school diploma or equivalent required. BS/BA in HCI, Design, or 6 years of related experience in Visual Communications field (Media, Graphics, Web Design, etc.)
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Position is available for remote work in the following states unless otherwise specified. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.