NEX Team Inc. is seeking a Product Designer to envision and help us build the future of HomeCourt, the world’s first AI-powered mobile app for basketball stat tracking. You are a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. You possess a rare blend of interaction, visual and prototyping design skills. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the end user, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to people worldwide. Join this team if you’re committed to making each product touch-point amazing for our customers.
- 3+ years experience designing mobile applications (or equivalent degree program)
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Refined visual and brand aesthetics
- Fluency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Invision, Flash or HTML5
- Experience leveraging user research techniques to inform the design process
- Excellent collaboration, communication and documentation skills
- Capable of working in a growing organization and taking on a variety of responsibilities
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedule
- Familiarity with physical training apps and/or first-hand sports experience a plus
- Creativity, inspiration and positivity a must!
From brainstorming through implementation, the Product Designer will work directly with the CEO, Head of Design, and other members of the Design team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and operations partners. You’ll be expected to quickly grasp and distill complex problems into clean, understandable solutions. You will create deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, visual mock-ups, and high fidelity prototypes. You will take an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing and rapid iteration. You will seek to understand HomeCourt user behavior and motivation through user interviews, ethnographic research, and through the development of journey maps, user personas, and other artifacts.
Education & Experience:
Degree in visual design, user experience / product design, interaction design, or equivalent.
Experience working on a collaborative team, designing and shipping software products in a rapid iterative cycle preferred.
About NEX Team Inc.:
NEX Team Inc. is a mobile artificial intelligence company started by a team of second-time entrepreneurs and former Apple, Google, and Facebook engineers and employees. We combine cutting edge mobile, AI, and computer vision technologies with deep community engagement experiences to create utility and joy for athletes and sports communities worldwide.
HomeCourt is the first application built with NEX Team’s core technologies. Using only your iPhone camera, HomeCourt can count, track, and chart basketball shots in real-time while providing instant video review and deep statistical analysis. HomeCourt is used by players in 100 countries around the world and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal and in Sports Illustrated. It is free to download on the App Store.
Headquartered in San Jose, California, with another office in Hong Kong, the company has raised $4 million in seed funding. Investors include Mark Cuban, Steve Nash, Jeremy Lin, Sam Hinkie, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment Ventures (venture arm of the 76ers ownership group), and Mandra Capital.
To apply, please send resume and portfolio links to email@example.com.