Senior UX Researcher
We're seeking a dedicated and thoughtful Senior UX Researcher to work within our growing NYC Product team in a rapidly expanding, dynamic organization. You will bring an approach to the research grounded in humility and empathy, elevating the experiences and needs of people living with chronic conditions to shape product vision and decisions. You demonstrate a depth of understanding and application of a wide range of research methodologies, and feel at home as you shift between generative, evaluative, qualitative, and quantitative research studies. Working closely with the Director of User Research, you will engage with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing. You thrive in ambiguous environments and enjoy exploring the tension between research rigor, depth and speed in delivering findings and insights that catalyze life-changing products and services.
You'll make an impact by:
- Conducting and collaborating on forward-looking, strategic and exploratory product innovation research to help facilitate the company’s future product roadmap
- Conducting and collaborating on directed user research/testing initiatives that leverage design thinking methodologies to create people-first solutions.
- Partnering closely with a variety of departmental and business stakeholders to contribute to a research roadmap that prioritizes new and useful initiatives that help achieve our company goals
- Synthesizing and communicating research results to different internal audiences to help amplify the impact of the findings
- Helping to establish research best practices and processes for internal adoption
- A degree in a related field (Human-Computer Interaction, Behavior Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Product Design) and 5-7 years of experience with UX Research preferably on consumer-facing web and mobile experiences
- Systems thinking with the ability to flex between a strategic and tactical mindset, i.e., from crafting research vision to executing on its details
- A portfolio with tangible examples of recent research work
- A core capability to empathize with a variety of people
- Self-starter comfortable communicating cross-functionally
- Expertise with common user research and usability testing methodologies, e.g, ethnographic, interviews, diary studies, co-creation or participatory research, moderated and unmoderated remote testing, card sorting, prototype/concept testing, etc
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage workload and create and execute actionable plans
- Deeply impact the lives of people with chronic conditions
- Work at an early stage startup and help develop the future of healthcare
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance and 401k plan
- Yearly Professional Development Budget
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Beautiful Loft office space conveniently located in the Soho area of New York
- Weekly Catered Lunches, Company Swag, company outings, and other surprises when you start
One Drop is the future of healthcare. Our mission is to develop technology that ensures all people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions can thrive. We harness the power of data science and mobile computing to make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and effective.
Our clinically proven mobile platform combines AI-powered predictive insights, personalized health coaching, and FDA-approved connected devices to simplify self-care. And it works. People using the One Drop platform have seen significant improvements in their health in just a few weeks.
Today, the rate of people living with chronic conditions is increasing dramatically, and traditional approaches to healthcare cannot possibly scale to reach them all. We exist to serve those people and help them lead their best lives. www.onedrop.today
At One Drop, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. One Drop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: One Drop does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or One Drop employees. One Drop is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.