Senior UX/UI Product Designer
Virtual Facility is a NYC-based SaaS building intelligence and workflow automation provider for large institutional facility managers to better understand their operations and how to improve through smarter data driven work.
Why? Operational management of large-scale facilities has been seriously neglected by technology and has forced an over-reliance on paper, spreadsheets, consultants, and manual processes to run their facilities.
Virtual Facility’s SaaS offering leverages today’s latest technology stacks and machine learning to drive real-time engineering and operations management support to customers such as hospitals, universities, data centers, and other complex commercial facilities.
WHO FITS WELL HERE?
At Virtual Facility, we believe that in order to make a great company, we must discover and unleash the potential of passionate people, while keeping pointed at one North Star. We look for people who look for challenges, who have a desire to learn 24/7 and yearn to actually make a difference in a company’s trajectory and its customers. There is no one unicorn who will make or break our potential. We are a strategically woven set of experiences and thinkers who are changing an archaic industry together by motivating each other to grow as individuals and problem solvers to deliver a technology that enables A Better Way to Work.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As our UX/UI Product Designer, you will take a lead role in UX/UI responsibilities for our web and mobile applications. Teaming up with Development leaders you will work closely with and report to our Product Manager. You will be responsible for helping to create our human-centered-experience and UX/UI Product vision in your role. Your focus will include our UX/UI Product Design System (e.g. Pattern Library and Style Guides), UX Research, Personas, Prototypes, Information Architecture, User-flows, and Wireframes. Our ideal candidate is a hybrid of UX/UI with a majority of experience weighing more on UX than UI.
AS A SENIOR UX/UI PRODUCT DESIGNER YOU WILL...
- Work with Development, Business Stakeholders, and Customers
- Collaborate with Development team to architect solutions for digital experience challenges across web and mobile applications.
- Create compelling UX deliverables – such as a UX Design System (e.g. Pattern Library and Style Guides), UX Research, Personas, Prototypes, Information Architecture, User-flows, and Wireframes – that demonstrate strategic and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the target audience and other stakeholder desires (needs/wants), tasks, and goals and translate them into concepts and functional components.
- Develop user personas and scenarios to clarify user research results and focus the team's creative efforts on value-driven problems.
- Conduct competitive audits and market research.
- Participate in User Experience thought leadership in both the company and the industry.
- Demonstrate ability to execute on IA of complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems.
- Perform user research (including in-person interviews, panels, and focus groups), benchmarking, competitive analysis, and usability studies.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied.
- Run testing sessions, phrasing questions, structuring user feedback, and taking those insights to translate them into UX research the team can easily understand.
- Create fundamental UI designs and visualizations for utility web and mobile applications
- Understanding of design platforms (e.g. HighCharts) for designing complex, data-heavy dashboards and visualizations
- 4-6+ years of experience as a UX/UI Product Designer for web and mobile applications
- Online portfolio that showcases a UX Design System (e.g. Pattern Library and Style Guide), UX Research, Personas, Prototypes, Information Architecture, User-flows, and Wireframes
- Comfortable working in an Agile model, working on complex technology projects, and problem solving
- Expertise in Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma, and other UX tools
- Education in UX/UI Best Practices, Standards, Principles, and Methodologies
- Experience working in, and creating, UX Design Systems
- A passion for the latest digital trends, capabilities, and innovations
- Team player mentality. We’re peers, no egos please
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the design, commercial, and development teams
- Comfortable operating in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote-first culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous company holidays
- Ground floor positions on a VC-backed, high-growth startup