Apply for this job
Do you want to be a part of an organization that:
- gives back to the community
- has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
- allows you to speak up and be heard
- AND ... likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
Founded in 1989, Pelmorex has become an international weather information and data management company. We own and operate the popular weather brands: The Weather Network, MeteoMedia, Eltiempo.es, Clima and Otempo.pt. We also operate the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) System, which is the technical backbone of Alert Ready, Canada's Emergency Alerting System.
Your digital portfolio displays an array of thoughtful, visually stunning contemporary digital product design and interaction-related work with a solid grasp of branding, typography, color, grid, scale, balance and hierarchy. Your visual design follows a user-centered approach with a deep understanding of information architecture, interaction design and usability best practices.
You’re comfortable validating your designs and concepts with both your peers and the general public, making adjustments as necessary guided by the data. And you can confidently present your work with peers and stakeholders.
What's the Day to Day Like:
- Present designs and key deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Take part in SCRUMs & sprint planning as a member of self determined Agile team
- Execute all designs from concept through wireframing, design through front end build
- Mob/pair with developers as necessary to assist and consult on builds
- Ideate with design and production teams to evolve products and features
- Oversee validation testing of designs and ideas
- Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
Qualifications (Must Haves)
- Minimum 1-3 years design experience on web and mobile web
- Online portfolio showcasing published contemporary web, mobile web and other interactive design projects
- Experience working with sales teams and execution of sales projects (i.e. ad units, sponsorships, et al)
- Solid understanding of contemporary usability best practices
- Strong focus on user centered design best practices
- Expert knowledge in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (CC 2020)
- Functional knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 (+ preprocessors), jQuery
- BONUS: Experience with InVision, Sketch
- BONUS: Working in Agile methodology and environment
- BONUS: Information design experience (weather or other data heavy design)
You are made for this, if ...
- Your work shows that you have worked with content, product managers, technology, quality assurance and consumers to deliver best-in-class websites
- You are passionate for weather and have a genuine interest in our products across all platforms
- You have initiated and carried projects on your own but thrive in a collaborative environment
- You have strong conceptual thinking.
- You deliver tight, pixel perfect designs under demanding deadlines
- You have the ability to take direction and incorporate both internal and external feedback to arrive at a mutually beneficial design direction
- You value great culture and are willing to constantly promote this ideal
Our Promise to you…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere