Mid/Senior UI/UX/Product Designer
What does your dream company look like? If it’s a fun, hyper-growth startup where people look forward to coming to work Monday mornings, keep reading...
RenoRun: We are market leaders, as the fastest-growing digital building materials supplier, delivering to Canadian and US cities. To contractors, renovators and craftsmen, RenoRun is the single materials provider because they get quality materials, from anywhere, anytime, simply and reliably. We're truly disrupting the way construction professionals purchase and receive their materials.
The proof is in the pudding! We closed one of Canada’s largest Venture-Backed Series A’s in 2019 and are in search of AMAZING talent to help propel the company on to the next.
So if you're looking for impact, look no further. Come join RenoRun!
Mid/Senior UI/UX Product Designer
The Mid/Senior UI/UX Product Designer will be involved throughout the ideation, conceptualization and, of course, design of new products and disruptive features being released at RenoRun. As a team, our goal is to explore product initiatives that can drastically improve the experience of current customers or finding ways to adapt our existing products to address the needs of complementary market segments.
A successful candidate needs to be comfortable with exploring ambiguous problems and wearing multiple hats. If you love to explore new possibilities, have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to build cool sh*t, then this might be a role for you!
Your typical day includes:
Research & Ideation
- Participate in the UX research process to identify consumer pain points, gain clarity about their goals and involvement along the value chain
- In collaboration with the team, ideate new technological products or disruptive features that would generate significant value for RenoRun
- Developing efficient research processes that ensure a steady stream of qualitative and quantitative insights
- Be part of the New Product Development process from end-to-end. Not just designing screens and simple workflows
- Quickly put together mock-ups or clickable prototypes to gather user feedback
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to define & understand the requirements of a given product/feature
- Work closely with engineers to understand the technical implications of your solution, and translating it into blueprints to facilitate implementation
- Participate in product feedback sessions and agile rituals such as standups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to deliver game changing products
- 4+ years designing consumer facing digital experiences
- Solid experience using advanced UX tools (Sketch, Figma, Axure, InVision, etc.)
- Experience creating user-centric artifacts, such as customer journey maps, personas, etc.
- Ability to lead workshops and facilitate ideation sessions with users and stakeholders
- Ability to create low/ high-fidelity wireframes and mockups, and determine the appropriate scenario usage of both
- Experience with user testing
- 1-2 projects you can walk us through to showcase your design chops
- Sense of humour
Nice to haves:
- Self-motivating person who gets excited when dealing with challenges
- Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguous problems
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative approach
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Incredible Work Environment and Team Culture
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Plenty of snacks
- Dog friendly office
Why You Should Work With Us:
We know building and renovation. We are industry leaders.
We make puns. We have fun.
We cut to the point because we value people’s time.
We are culture-driven. We care a lot. And we say it.
Thank you for your interest in RenoRun!
For more information visit www.renorun.com
At RenoRun, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse identities, backgrounds, abilities, and minds that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. RenoRun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.