UX Research Coordinator
We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a UX Research Coordinator to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a Toronto, New York and San Francisco-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
Our company’s purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through their financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? What would you keep? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ user research. As a UX Research Coordinator, you’ll work with our world-class Product, Design, and Engineering teams. Our COO has worked on brands like Frank and Oak and built products for Supercell, MachineZone, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 5 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
Today you might be a UX Research Coordinator, User Research Associate, Research Participant Recruiter or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic of our UX Research Coordinator is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you are passionate about ensuring that our customers are a fundamental part of all product development.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing the entire participant recruiting process - including sourcing, screening, distributing and collecting NDAs, scheduling and processing compensation
- Communicating with participants about logistical details and guiding them through our research process
- Developing relationships with small business communities to open recruitment channels
- Observing research sessions, taking notes, and sending out summaries/detailed transcripts of the session to share with the team
- Ensuring the diversity of participants recruited align with the diversity of SMB owners in America
The skills required for this role:
- You’re familiar with basic UX research methodologies and have a keen interest to learn more
- You love managing multiple tasks at once and are known for your strong attention to detail
- You get giddy learning about customer stories and helping the product team build solutions to real problems
- You’re a people person and are comfortable cold-calling and chatting with small business owners - you may have even worked in a sales role in a past life!
- You’ve worked on a fast scaling SaaS product
- You love FinTech
- You have basic video editing skills and/or content management experience
If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a UX Research Coordinator, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.