Junior Product Designer
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it!
Currently, Lalamove is a leading global on-demand delivery platform with millions of delivery partners serving millions of orders everyday.
With 1600+ employees spread across APAC and LATAM, our 7-years old company has reached unicorn status in 2018, is well funded by prominent VCs and has kept growing at tremendous speed since.
Our strength lies in our internal values, namely Passion in serving local communities, empowering SMEs and our driver partners, Execution and Grit because that is how we differentiate ourselves by never giving up and striving for excellence, and Humility - awareness in ourselves to learn from others and never stop improving. At Lalamove, we strongly believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs.
Our vision is to bring communities closer and make city life easier by allowing fast and convenient circulation of goods. We realise this vision with a ‘global’ approach, building a robust operations team to adapt our product to local networks of businesses and delivery contractors. At the same time, we have ambition to build an international brand by establishing an even more global presence.
We are seeking a talented Junior Product designer to develop a delightful experience for our customers. The Product Designer is a design generalist, and comfortable working in the entire design process; from user research, to concept development, wireframing, prototyping and testing, all the way to final UI.
What you'll do:
- Be part of a cross-functional team and own the design process together with a partner Designers and Researchers
- Partner with Researchers and Designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation
- Work alongside Product Managers ensuring the proposed design and UX for all products is technically achievable and in the best interests of the customer
- Explore strategic opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative insights, and work to fill in the gaps when research is missing
- Generate multiple hypotheses to customer problems, ranging from small optimisations to innovation of the user experience
- Together with developers and data analysts, you’ll scope, design, build and analyse experiments focused on moving our key metrics
- Creation & Maintenance of design library alongside internal UX team
- Work on several projects/products simultaneously while meeting tight datelines.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience. Fresh graduates will be considered
- Balance business growth and customer problems, and care deeply about the measurable impact of your work
- Deep understanding of key UI/UX principles; ie. user centered design vs. design thinking
- Comfortable interfacing with UX, product and technical teams in an agile development environment
- Make decisions based on evidence and love making incremental improvements which lead to larger impact
- Analysing your designs by interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Understand how to de-risk a design, and have a good understanding for how much design is enough to ship
- Reflecting on, and improving, the team’s processes is something you naturally engage in every day
- Candidates must submit their portfolio along with resume.