Director of Product Design
Director of Product Design
Splash develops tools that allows our customers to create unrivaled experiences that power their events allowing them to connect with their customers in unique ways. From landing pages and ticketing workflows through to email communications on on-site experiences.
We are a design led organization and we are on the search for a design leader to drive innovation within our online and offline product offerings. From creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback.
You are a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for leading an amazing design team. You possess a rare blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills. By driving the team to constantly focus on the end user, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful.
Splash is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, then we should connect and get to know each other more!
- You’ll report to the VP of Product and work closely with Product, Design and Engineering leadership peers across the company.
- Drive the design vision and strategy for the entire set of Splash products. From our freemium offering to enterprise, iOS to Android, online to offline.
- Maintain a holistic view of all pods and products and create cross team alignment on vision.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of Product and UX Designers along with UX research.
- Lead design critique, design reviews, quarterly planning and design sprint planning.
- Ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed and that work is balanced for the team’s ability.
- Recruit, interview and hire designers and actively improve our design hiring process.
- Maintain the Splash User Interface guideline in order to achieve consistency across all designers and products
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives and provide feedback in planning and product channels.
- Demonstrate expertise and experience crafting both mobile and web experiences
- Establishment of a User Centric product design culture across the organization.
- Develop a career path for both Product Designers, UX Designers and Researchers.
- Hire and recruit top tier talent to align with our product needs.
- Drive a unparalleled understanding of how our enterprise customers execute their event workflows.
- Implement frameworks to prove the success of our product deliverables while driving the necessary iteration to align with the desired outcomes.
- 10+ Years of experience in leadership management role, responsible for both product design and user experience research.
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a Product Design team within a B2B(2C) SAAS platform environment.
- A portfolio that inspires and demonstrates the attention to detail outlining your foundations in typography, icon design, interaction and visual design along with design process.
- Experience working with a diverse and distributed team (geographically), while maintaining standards and driving consistency.
- Extensive experience with test driven design principles that drive positive outcomes for our end users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you’re interested in joining our growing team, please send us your resume. We can’t wait to meet you!
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full suite of benefits, medical, dental and vision.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.