Sr. Visual & Interaction Designer
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and improve your abilities? Do you want to own the experience form concept through implementation? Than join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform.
As a Sr. Designer supporting the PlayStation Now design team you will play a key role in shaping the future of one of the world’s largest game streaming and distribution services. Located in the heart of Orange County you will collaborate directly with a talented cross-functional team of Design leaders, designers, engineers, and business partners to ideate, communicate and define experiences that delight users.
As part of the larger SONY design community you will be part of a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization while being exposed to bleeding edge concepts and technology.
We aren’t looking for just anyone; we require a candidate with the passion, dedication and skills necessary to deliver world-class products and experiences.
If this sounds like you than we would love to hear from you.
- Driven, efficient, collaborative.
- Outstanding visual, interaction, and UX skills with a keen attention to detail.
- A leader who can oversee & lead multiple projects simultaneously with minimum guidance.
- Deep understanding of the latest design trends, processes and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate design thinking and output.
- 5+ years of experience as a Visual Designer or UI-UX designer in the digital design field, such as web, mobile, and product platform UI
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Design portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate quality and creative ideas.
- In-depth understanding and sophisticated skills for graphic design, interaction design, motion design and experience design.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Ability to work with product and business stakeholders to quickly ideate and communicate concepts.
- Ability to lead design project from UX concept to implementation.
- Ability to distill complex needs and constraints then quickly turn around design ideas reflecting a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use and technically-feasible solutions.
- Strong capability to communicate the thinking and meaning of design solutions verbally and non-verbally.
- Ability to understand the existing style guide and brand guidelines and apply or modify correctly as needed.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation.
- Work closely with Engineering to capture and resolve bugs, including resolution of UX Design inconsistencies, incorrect or missing graphic resources, etc.
- A demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite graphics applications.
- Must be able to work at our San Francisco office.
- Prior experience designing for a 10-foot environment.
- Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS.
- Knowledge of tools for 3D, motion and prototyping.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages.
- Familiarity with the agile software development process.
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
- Passion for movie, music, and video game services.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.