Senior Product Designer
Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. We believe our success depends on getting people to experience the value of our product as quickly and frequently as possible. Our ideal candidate knows when to stay scrappy and efficient to navigate through uncertainty, but will stop at nothing to deliver polished, elegant solutions based on validated concepts. This role requires an appetite for validating ideas by running research and interpreting quant & qual data for each project. Your experience with testing designs in small chunks to uncover learnings and validate hypotheses at high speed will be a key component to your success. You will be working closely with a cross-functional Growth team, including another talented Product Designer.
If this describes you then come join our amazing team to embark on a journey to fundamentally rethink our product, transform our development process and lead an organizational shift to customer-centric, design-driven culture.
- Have experience working on cross-functional teams to ideate and deliver quality experiences with your user-centric approach and business savviness.
- Enjoy being hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research - taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively
- Appreciate critical feedback - you will give it, receive it and seek it out
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, micro-interaction, even project plans
- Care about the business impact of the products you design, not just the outcome
- Be data-driven - whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to uncover insights or creating variations of a design for A/B testing - you balance user-centric intuition with a deep understanding of the data and business goal
- Value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with great prioritization skills and a preference for working through ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Empower and inspire your teammates by sharing knowledge and expertise through hands-on partnership
- 6+ year experience in similar role (Sr Product Design, Sr UX Design), some experience on a Growth team preferred
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analyst, Marketing, User Research, and Content Strategy.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view balancing business needs, data metrics, and the user’s experience
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system
- Ability to articulate design criteria and present design solutions with clear verbal and visual communication skills
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly based on both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work, preferably Growth related
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.