Product UX Designer – EMEA (remote)
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
Tyk aims to provide the best user experience to our range of API management customers. Our users range from software and API developers, to API product managers, platform engineers and technical architects. We are looking for someone with a passion and drive to always be improving our UX and on the hunt for finding out the true user needs.
You should be comfortable across the entire UX lifecycle, creating user journey maps, defining use cases, user workflows, wireframes, prototypes etc. In our world, a typical GUI is a small part of what we do, our users interact with our product through APIs, CLIs, SDKs too, so we need someone who is comfortable with designing experiences in these areas. You will need to be a true problem solver, with the ability to really get into the nitty gritty of complex developer software experiences.
We’ve written about the UX hiring process at Tyk so make sure you give it a read here!
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Collaborating with other designers, developers and stakeholders to design enterprise and developer experiences within a particular product area
- Champion a design thinking mindset within a single product area and across the rest of the organisation
- Helping to define personas and user needs in collaboration with our user researcher
- Develop and own the user journeys, wireframes and interactive prototypes for complex developer and enterprise experiences within a specific product area
- Guide your team in creating product experiences that sit at the intersection of human value, business viability and technical feasibility
- Contribute to product planning and prioritisation sessions as the UX expert
- Working closely with the development teams to ensure there is a common understanding and direction for any UX activities and workflows
- Conduct user research for both concept and usability testing for your product area
- Share and gather feedback on designs throughout projects and share with the rest of your product and UX team
- Communicating and advocating what is best for the user throughout the organisation
- Communicating design ideas internally and externally
- Contribute to Tyk design system with the rest of the UX and design team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience designing for technical developer and enterprise (B2B) tooling
- Experience working with and driving a design thinking framework
- Experience working with projects from conception through to delivery
- Experience communicating and presenting designs internally and externally
- Ability to use standard set of design software (We use Figma, Invision and Miro right now)
- Confidence in communicating designs to a wide range of stakeholders
- Have a creative, innovative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to see things from both a macro and micro level (and know when to focus on each)
- Broad knowledge of the end to end design capabilities (research, UX, visual)
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, describing use cases, user flows and journeys
- Inspiring others with evidence-based storytelling
- Ability to work remotely with a distributed team
- Willingness to learn about new concepts and adopt new tools
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io