Senior UX/UI Designer
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
Since launching in February 2018, FightCamp’s revenues have doubled every month. FightCamp is funded by Y Combinator.
About the Role of Sr. UX/UI Designer
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at FightCamp, you will be responsible for designing and testing new feature concepts for the FightCamp mobile app, as well as gathering user insights. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Lead UX Designer and other product team members to create a robust and consistent brand experience across every platform. You’ll improve user experience, help drive continued growth, and uphold an excellent company and team culture.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
What You Will Do
- Gather and evaluate user needs, requirements, and pain points, in collaboration with the Customer Success team.
- Illustrate new features and changes to the FightCamp app with storyboards, wireframes, and user flow diagrams
- Design the mobile UI as well as the aesthetics with mockups and prototypes
- Define and mockup interactions and animations within the User Interface
- Generate mockups for other screen resolutions (Ex.: iPad, Television)
- Create required visual assets and design documentation for the iOS developers to implement new features
- Generate release notes and marketing assets for app releases
- Work with the Lead UX Designer and Product Managers to analyze and quantify the impact of changes made to the app, utilizing product analytics as well as user testing
- Monitor potential UX problemsHelp build and maintain a design system for the mobile app
- 5+ years experience
- Skilled with design software such as Sketch and InVision
- Experience with graphic design
- Strong understanding of mobile design (UX/UI)
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Has experience with motion graphics/animation
- Familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Familiar with fitness data tracking apps (Ex.: Strava, Fitbit)
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup401k
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible vacation policyFlexible work from home options
- Catered lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One R&D day per sprint
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility, over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Come shape the future of at-home fitness with us.