UX/UI Product Designer
Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed e-commerce company revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We're a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a quickly growing e-commerce startup at a very exciting time.
Ruggable is a fast-growing Los Angeles-based e-commerce company currently disrupting the furniture market. Our patent-pending new systems have removable upholstery that can be washed in a home washing machine and easily interchanged for new styles, offering a stylish and convenient solution for families, pet owners, and active individuals. We are a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. This is an amazing opportunity to help build an innovative e-commerce company from the ground floor.
The UX/UI Designer will own the design and user experience on a new product line. The ideal candidate is an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems, while building a beautiful and engaging brand experience for the customer. As the go-to designer, you will play an integral role in both improving our existing webpages and conceptualizing and designing new ones. You might also be asked to design digital ads and email marketing campaigns. This is a unique opportunity to grow with a new brand and take on a large amount of responsibility for the creative and technical direction.
What You'll Do:
- Translate product and marketing concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and engaging user experiences
- Work collaboratively with project managers, software engineers, and end-users
- Gain inspiration through exploring new design trends, themes, best practices, and patterns across all platforms, then determine how and if it should be implemented into the experience
- Always advocate for the user's needs. If there is ever a question or debate, dial it back and review our audience and data
- QA all of your own designs once they have been developed. No one knows it better than you! Each design is QA’d before going live within the team
- Help develop and maintain a style guide and UI library. The UI is based off of material design, with tweaks to align with our brand
What You'll Need to Have:
- 3-5 years of experience in product design, UI design, and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in fine art, design, interaction design, or related field. Equivalent work experience also accepted
- Portfolio/work samples with relevant work showcasing user-centered design solutions
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices, and the importance of enforcing this for a brand
- Flexibility to adapt to changing timelines and deliverables
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and integrity
- Excitement for start-ups and building brands from the ground up
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus, but not a requirement
- Advanced prototyping skills is a plus, but not a requirement
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies: Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.