Lead Product Designer
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer to lead design of our Contact Center Agent, Admin, Supervisor, Mobile and Desktop apps. Our Contact Center solutions are a key area for growth and we’re expanding our teams worldwide to support our continued development in technology excellence and user experience.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, strategic and committed to creating user-centered experiences delighting Contact Center Agents, their Supervisors and Administrators - enabling them to provide the best Customer Experience for their customers.
· Engaging with product and engineering teams at a strategic level to frame what we need to build and how to get there
· Collaborating with user researchers to define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs
· Creating end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
· Coordinating and integrating the work of fellow designers for a seamless and unified experience across our entire product suite
· Planning and executing usability testing with user researchers to validate design
Skills and Experience
· Extensive experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods
· Delivered agent focused User Interfaces
· An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products
· Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions
· Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data
· Expert with design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
· Relentless pursuit of experience perfection working in an iterative and agile development environment
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
· High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos to successfully bring a product design from conception to launch with minimal supervision
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Work cross-geographies with team members
· Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
· Experience facilitating design thinking workshops preferred
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.