Founded in Quebec City in 2010, PetalMD is a dynamic and growing company made up of a team of over 200 enthusiasts who have developed innovative productivity tools for healthcare professionals. Secure messaging, online booking, schedule management, medical billing and hospital console: all on iOS, Android and our online application!
We will soon reach 50,000 users and have no intention of slowing down in our mission to simplify the daily lives of physicians, improve the efficiency of the health system and ultimately improve access to care.
What to expect when joining the team
You will join a team that ensures the visual quality and user experience of our applications. Working on an agile basis in two-week sprints, you will be directly involved in the design of our products and will be invited to meet with our clients to assess their needs. You will have to use your expertise to optimize our interfaces and develop new features adapted to the realities of the hospital market.
Your daily life
During the day, equipped with a powerful Macbook, you will work with the product team in which you will be assigned to propose simple solutions that meet the needs of our demanding customers. You will be required to:
- Work with product managers in the development of interfaces and validation prototypes;
- Assist product managers in client meetings to fully understand user needs;
- Present prototypes or mock-ups to users in order to validate the proper understanding and/or use of the product;
- Work closely with the various functions (producers, developers, lead UX, designers and QA) to understand user behaviors and resolve interface issues;
- Collaborate with developers to find the best possible and feasible solutions;
- Ensure consistency across the existing mechanics and visuals in the platform;
- Optimize the usability and experience of existing interfaces while taking into account technical constraints;
- Validate the quality and respect of the UI and UX behaviors of the development teams' deliverables;
- Assist in the maintenance of a UI kit (design system) with other designers.
What we offer
We offer very competitive conditions, but we don't believe that that’s enough to make you happy in the long run. Here's what makes employees happy at PetalMD:
- To be surrounded by a talented and competent team;
- To work in an environment that values fun, respect and teamwork;
- To work on a quality product in the dynamic atmosphere of a start-up;
- To participate in the innovation of a growing Canadian company tackling the improvement of the health system - Nothing less!
You are a designer who delivers simple, thoughtful products and for whom creating value for your users is in your DNA? You like challenges and enjoy working in problem-solving mode? You are looking for a friendly work atmosphere and you want to be part of a great team? The sky is the limit! If you have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in UX interface development;
- A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design or equivalent;
- An attentive ear and a client approach;
- You have an analytical mind and a strong spirit of synthesis;
- A constructive approach and the ability to solve and simplify complex problems while working around technical constraints;
- A positive attitude, the ability to maintain excellent interpersonal relationships and a strong team spirit;
- The ability to translate a UX/UI model across multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android);
- Experience in an Agile team (asset);
- Experience with Sketch and Axure (asset).
PetalMD’s position on remote working
In our opinion, a company cannot claim to be modern, innovative and have the well-being of their team at heart, without attempting to integrate remote working to the level that their business model allows them to. Post-pandemic, PetalMD employees will continue to benefit from the option of teleworking up to the maximum flexibility permitted by the nature of the position and the smooth running of operations.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- Compensation that recognizes your contribution;
- A generous vacation policy;
- 5 paid personal days per year;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contribution;
- A complete group insurance plan, including dental;
- An annual wellness allowance;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Access to the Officevibe™ employee engagement application;
- Flexible work hours and more.